1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Event The Plot Thickens, 20th April @ 8pm GMT

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by EM Gotan, Apr 10, 2014.

1. EM Gotan

EM Gotan UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator

Royal Investigators explore Nujel'm at this very moment; What will they discover, and what action will the King demand when he gets their reports? Today's event will continue the plot, but one thing is for sure, Nujel'm doesn't appreciate Britannia meddling in it's affairs, so attend this date armed!

2. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just double checking the time for this event and I see that in this thread it says 8pm GMT and on the EMs forum is says 8pm GMT AND 8pm UK time - now I really don't know which is valid.

3. EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator

It's at GMT, or 1 hour 30 from this post; by EM forum it seems you mean Europa.uoem.net, and yes it seems the autofill lists UK time. Must delve into the code and change that...

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It's 8pm in 25 minutes.

5. drewster513

drewster513 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

happy birthday @DJAd.....................So its at 9pm not 8pm

#5 drewster513, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator

*rubs eyes* Lots to catch up with still, I've just noticed Wordpress updates broke the uoem page comments yet again! Whoo! I'll sort that out tomorrow, hopefully. But just to clarify, no no no, it was at 9pm for the UK , but exactly the same time for those who've not swapped to Summer Time yet (or countries that don't use it. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

Confusing eh? The whole EU technically changes on the same date, but Europa has players from everywhere, which is why I've tried to use GMT, as it doesn't move. Do you want to hear something even more confusing? Wordpress doesn't have a GMT label, but UTC instead, which is identical in time but a more modern term to describe it... but not one used in the UK... everyone says GMT. But I then had it pointed out to me that somewhere in the style sheet for the UOEM page it's listed as "UK Time" on each post, I just can't win!

Next event is at the same time as this one, is the short version :p