1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The population on Siege?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kryddost, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Kryddost

Kryddost Guest

Hi,

I'm strongly considering joining Siege. I like the Felucca ruleset and the general difficulty of the server. My big concern is the population, is there actually alot of people still playing here, or is it a wasteland?

Is it 90% thieves and just a merchant here and there, or is there actual playing going on?

// Kryddost.

2. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i left my normal shard for siege and have never looked back, generally population is cool, i play GMT and i still find lots of folk on, the best thing you can do is join the guild NEW, its got lots of members and they will kit you out with all you need to start off and there will always be someone to hunt with and stuff, its a great shard and we will be glad to have you on board, there are thieves about but not 90% by a long shot!
    there are merchants also but there are as lot of pvp/pvm players too, you will love it!

3. Selan

Selan Guest

I joined a few months ago, haven't looked back since. I placed my house here and let my one on Baja decay. It's worth it.

4. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

The population isn't bad per say... the problem is the fact that we have a tightly knit community and so many lands it's hard to find people at times....

Making the peerless the only monsters to give good loot was the worst thing EA ever did to UO.... I miss being able to hunt gazers, OLs, AOL's, WW's, deamons, etc.

5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i dropped on on europa too, this is closer to the UO i fell in love with all those years ago :)

6. Nickster

Nickster Guest

stupid question.... whats peerless?

7. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Peerless are the big large quest monsters you can kill to get decent to godly loot.... Lady Mels, Proxamus, etc... I think you can go to Uo Guide or on stratics to find these creatures details.

8. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

It's really a good shard some times its hard to find people on there are alot like you were told Join New and once get a character trained you'll get into a good guild and have a great time... Get your friends to join at this rate the more people joining 1 by 1 the population rises.....

9. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ya. It's hard to get people over here but when you do, it's nice. If you can get 15-20 people on, easily the funnest shard.

10. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

There are lots of thieves, but with thieves...come marks. If we couldn't find loot to steal, do you think so many thieves would be playing?...la

11. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There are dry spells when people are not to be found. But sometimes, there are many.

Lately there seems to be renewed interest in Siege, and more people are coming here. By ther time your skills are trained up, you may find there to be no difficulties in finding people.

Come give it a trying. You will most likely stay.

12. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Give us a try. Drop me a pm and let me know when you are creating a character and hopping over to check Siege out. I'd be more then happy to meet you and show you around a bit. I can supply you with some armor and a safe place to train and log. It's a great community. More then likely, once you come to Seige, you'll never leave. It's just taking that first step and coming over.

13. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You might also consider coming to the Intro to Siege event being held on Sunday evening at 7PM at the Skara Community Center

14. Kryddost

Kryddost Guest

Sounds good actually, I think I'll give it a try later tonight!

15. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

The atmosphere of siege is unlike any of the other shards... Im positive you will love it... See ya in game ;-)

16. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I started playing about 2 years ago on Legends. I was in
    Leagends about 2 months when I started to hear all the Horor stories about Siege . No insurance, people killing reds in Luna bank. I had to see it for myself. I was hooked and never went back to Legends. I let my house decay after I placed a house here.
    Siege also gives you the thrill of the Kill just about every time you log in.
    The people that play here are good people too, even the PK's and thieves.LOL

17. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I left well over 800 million on Atl to come here and would do it again in a heartbeat!

10 months here and lovin it!!

start now!!

woot!

18. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You will find a reason to stay on Siege Perilous. Just look in my eyes... and
    repeat to yourself, "I will find a reason to stay on Siege Perilous."

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

19. Kryddost

Kryddost Guest

Blargh! I tried to persuade my friends who are joining with me, but they would rather play on Atlantic. I'll make sure to pay you all a visit if my friends leave or if they tire of a world of cookie dough and rainbow-farts. Hehe. Thanks for all the replies.

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If they're anything like me they'll get very discouraged seeing people running with 100 mil suits. I lasted three weeks on prodo and almost wished I hadn't paid 6 months up front.

21. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes....in the guild I was in on Atlantic, we used to do spawns religously, and about 80% of the time we were raided by guilds of reds wearing such suits.

It gets old after a while,you spend all your time killing spawn, then when the boss comes out, so do the reds. It wouldn't have been so bad if it happened less frequently, but they use ghost cams on Atlantic, so it was useless... yet we continued on for the 20% of the time we werent raided, or the times we were able to fight them off and kill them ( which was rare, as we were PVM templates ).

I had become a fan of Chad Sexington's work, and exhausted his episodes, then returned to his site after a while, and saw that he had moved to Siege... I already had a lockpicking thief named Nightstalker on the shard, so I sought him out, joined his guild, and now have two houses with no regrets of leaving Atlantic... THIS shard is closest to what I loved about Ultima On-line pre Age of Shadows Expansion, where you had house keys and nothing locked down in the houses, no insurance, and skills that worked and were required.

The risk is the appeal of Siege, which is why both of my houses are public access. There was a red snooping around my house the other day, I stole a nice dagger from him and ran in the house and banned him so he couldnt follow... I felt ashamed for such a dirty tactic, as that is not in the spirit of Siege, and granted access again. He came in and we chatted a bit, no blood was shed.