1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The protection spell

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Bannon, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Bannon

Bannon Guest

Greetings! I've just recently started using the protection spell on my necro mage (no use for it playing a dexxer for all these years). I know it reduces your faster casting by some amount, but my question is how much? Does it reduce it to 0, lower it by 1 or 2 etc. Can it take you below 0? I've asked a handful of folks and have yet to get a dependable answer. Thanks!

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Reduces magery FC to 0 (if not already lower). Reduces other forms of casting by -2 (or 0, whichever's lower), IIRC.

4. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

hehe i know what u meant to say but found that funny - you cast protection now your MAGERY is set to zero muhhahha now you can never turn spell off again lol

5. Radix

Radix Guest

the link says it reduces -2 your FC, if you have 0 now you get negative fc, -2, no info about other forms of casting...i dont understand whats the meaning,
    is there a negative cap?
    KR shows in your char tab the final FC?
    your Resisting Spells can be negative also?

I think it's wonderfull to cast fast and recast very fast, but sadly at end you can not let them interrupt you, specially when there is a lot of long distance enemies or casters,
    and a poison spell (soooo common) can make you fail a lot of castings and even die... :hahaha:
    before i realized resisting spells is useless i had it at gm, it dont protects u often, may at 120 (maybe at 200 it would be useful :mad:

i had dropped it to another char, before deleting...

i think it's a "must have" spell effect most of times, is'n it?

what do u think?
    thanks.

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have 0 fc and you cast protection on, you stay at 0, not -2 fc total? I think so.
    If you have fc2 and you cast it on, you go to 0? Seems so
    If you have fc4 and you cast it on, you go to 0? So it seems for magery, but I think effectively fc2 for Spellweaver skill. But not sure.
    Resist spells never goes below 0.... my crafters can attest to this.

Yes this is a tricky little spell.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know how arch protection works.
    Does that screwup everyone if someone casts this next to you?
    Seems like a dumb spell... arch protection. I'd rather it be a temp spell that briefly buffs your party.