1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Rabid Mongbats

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Barania, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

These things are aggravating. My smith seems to have no chance and it's iffy on my tailor who can waste dark wisps. I spotted one just south of Talia's house in Moonglow and decided to return with my tamer. Returned with both mare and wwyrm...both at least 10 years old and are pretty high end and battle scarred.

Casting by both creatures, with me casting a FS now and then, took like 4-5 minutes to kill it. Kinda reminded me about training pets vs shadow elementals ...maybe dull copper ones...I forget. I did get cocoa butter in the loot.

Is there an effective way to waste these creatures?

Jack Nickelson

2. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Beyond hitting them a bunch, not really. Can't even guard whack them.

You can lure them around and cause them to kill innocent civilians in guard zones though, if that sort of thing is your bag.

Their wrestling is low, so any sort of pack would tear them apart.

Barania likes this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Damn I thought we got rid of this pain :(

4. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

and then you wonder why I hit you with a frying pan, This is very bad news as we were suppose to have put an end to this, so people we need you on the look out again, and I need to see what else is happening, for all we know there is another nest.

5. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I swear I'm not feedin em

Kattasrophe likes this.
  6. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

The next time I see one, I'm gonna bust out every frenzied ostard that I have stabled and give it shot. Thanks.

Jack Nickelson

7. EM_Troubadour

EM_Troubadour UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

The nests were destroyed so no more are spawning, but there may still be a few of the beasties out roaming the area who've yet to be killed. Perhaps the Governor will want to organize a hunting party to ensure that her island is clear?

Kattasrophe likes this.
  8. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Are you sure they are all gone? Because the nests may be gone, but the Lady spawned them. :eyes:

9. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

A report on my other report. The mongbat that my pets killed was ocean based. The ocean based ones that I have seen have no ability to cross from water to either land or something like the Moonglow docks. They kinda just hang and have no ability to approach...one, or pets, can cast endlessly. The rabid things runing around town are a different story.

It was probably a stray one and maybe they are all gone for good.

Jack Nickelson