1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Site Feed The Search For Jor: Ongoing Investigation

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by UO News, Jun 5, 2015.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Howdy folks.

I had written up something a bit more fictiony, but accidentally deleted it [​IMG]

Until I can redo it, I’m going to give a barebones breakdown of where we currently are with the extended investigation:

Part I:

1. At Buc’s Den a few drunken pirates can be heard laughing and telling stories about Jor’s exploits – including the time he stole a ship from a Tokunese fisherman.

2. ALSO in Buc’s Den is our old friend Moody the Drunk who seemed, well, a bit less drunk than normal. He mentions a thief named Joshua (who you may recall from previous events) who came in asking about Jor. He indicates Thorpe may know more.

3. Returning to Thorpe, he reluctantly agrees to enlist the aid of Joshua, and tells you to leave a message for him.

4. At the docks in Zento, you can find a fisherman ranting about having his new ship, the “Kaze,” stolen by a pirate.

Ten points max – 4 for Leaving the message, 4 for finding the name of the ship, and 2 for getting both components and writing up a report including your own analysis of the evidence.

Part II:

Joshua leaves a return message in the book, specifying a time and day to “receive a shipment.” He is found near the message drop point. More to come after reports for this section are filed.

Continue reading...

2. Lord Bytor

Lord Bytor Sage
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran K^S

3. Lord Bytor

Lord Bytor Sage
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran K^S

Is this a try and find it yourself Mission or will Thorpe have a direction to point us in ? The date in book is a few days ago. Also is there a time frame on this one ? Thanks.

Zuckuss likes this.
  4. Noble Beast

Noble Beast Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you. It is fun to have on-going RP quests/events.

I attempted this one solo (with minimal help from GuildMates). Lesson: I am not so bright at detective work. Ha! The challenge is worth the effort though. Thanks again.

Zuckuss likes this.
  5. Judas D'arc

Judas D'arc Journeyman

Joshua was actually there at the time/date indicated in the book, played by Barnaby, and could be interacted with and questioned.

I'm more than happy to share my report with anyone who missed it and is curious. Just beware that Tobias sort of writes how he speaks. But if you're interested, send me a PM or ICQ.

Zuckuss and Lord Bytor like this.
  6. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

So couldn't make the Joshua event. :(

7. EM Barnaby

EM Barnaby UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Part III:
    The meeting with Joshua all but confirmed the link between Jor and Nujel'm. As suspected, Lady Constance DeMaje and her husband Karel (the Vesper Mint manager) are said to have aided in the raid in Vesper some months ago. Additionally, it was suggested that this was arranged through Lade Constance's relationship with a noble of Nujel'm, Juwain. In order to find more concrete proof to bring to the Council, Joshua suggested interviewing the other nobles who served on the old Council with the DeMajes (Vizier Halabi say on the Council as an ambassador from Nujel'm). He also suggested finding Jor's ship, the Kaze.

Additionally, he disclosed that a bounty had been put on the heads of both Thorpe, and an undercover investigator in his employ. Joshua was coy in regards to the identity of this secret agent.

If any who met with Joshua have a copy of their report saved in a document and would like to send it to me, I'd love to put it on the EM Website as I work up a more proper summary.

8. EM Barnaby

EM Barnaby UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Thorpe is ready with an assignment to constitute Part IV of the search. It is a two part assignment, of which only the second is ready - I saved a document I needed on my work computer which I left at work and can't get to until tomorrow. Thorpe can be found at the Castle.

Noble Beast, Zuckuss and Lord Bytor like this.
  9. Judas D'arc

Judas D'arc Journeyman

I sent you mine.