1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Siege Perilous Garden

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Symma, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you've been reading the EM forum you'll see that the EM has started a on going eveent at transforming New Magincia. The plan is start with the public garden and hopefully have something permanent.

Here are the pictures of the design I created, which was discussed last night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, this is what we need YOU!

A player can only plant a seed once every 4 days. So you can imagine that this will take along time with a small group. But I think we need to look bigger. If we can get plenty of people to look after a plant or two then it will really show the community. Because when you get your fingers green in New Mag the plant have your name on it. Nothing shows the community more than seeing many different names in the garden.

Finally, please don't start planting anything now. We are gathering seeds and when we have enough we will begin. at the moment the bulk will be Red and Yellow Campion plants, so if you do have any seeds please donate them at the EM hall.

#1 Symma, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    Noble Beast likes this.
  2. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Oh, and also to mention, if I remember correctly, the EM said if the design is agreed then hopefully the plants can be locked permanently once fully grown.

Noble Beast likes this.
  3. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

so we are doing doing normal yellow and not fire red?

for some reason I am getting black and white seeds from the naturalist quest

4. Symma

Symma Certifiable

no, not fire red for this part of New Mag.

It was suggested for one of the small plots near the bank. It'd be to time consuming to gather enough fire red for the main garden. We said gold but yellow is the closest we'll get to that.

We do need the black seeds for the middle plant area in my pictures. Hopefully, once they are identified, we can work out how best to arrange them.

5. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

How do you plant the seeds in there? Is there something special you have to do?

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

has to be a double full moon

Noble Beast likes this.
  7. Afterglow

Afterglow Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for your efforts Doive!

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Plain or bright?

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I can donate 30 red campion, 40 yellow campion, 25 bright red campion, and 65 bright yellow campion seeds, if you want them.

Noble Beast likes this.
  10. Symma

Symma Certifiable

It was agreed we were going for normal colour, rather than bright seeds as it fits better.

11. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

awesome thanks

12. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

ok....never done any cross pollenating so here is my question: To have a 1% change to get a black campion, I pair up any campion with any campion?

13. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Nicely done. Your efforts are appreciated! :)

Noble Beast likes this.
  14. imported_Ally Oop

imported_Ally Oop Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

how about red spider trees in the corners of those plots? I have some seeds for those. If you would like to see them I can show you the plants. The red and you have there look a bit dull to me.

15. Symma

Symma Certifiable

The plants in the pictures were just from the spawners you get on TC1, only had one type of plant. The choice and design isn't finalised yet.

#15 Symma, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  16. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Yep, that's about the extent of it, Luka. You can only cross-pollinate a plant on days 7 and 8 in the growth cycle, although a plant will be able to provide pollen for cross-pollinating from day 7 to the day you make it a decorative plant. You might want to lean towards crossing red with red, orange with orange, and green with green, as there seems to be some wackiness in the RNG that seems to want to foil any and all plans to obtain the few bright, red, bright orange, and bright green plants that give resources (i.e., I seem to get more Seeds of Renewal off the bright orange plants that give petals than from any other type/color of plant). That wackiness MIGHT lean in your favor for purposes of getting white or black seeds. I've also noticed that I've gotten more black and white seeds from crossing campions, lilies, and tribarrel cactuses than any other types of plants.

Also, right after you have applied pollen to a plant that is on day 7 or 8, close the plant gump and then open it again and go to the gump page that shows number of available seeds/resources. The color of the number for the remaining seeds (in this case, 0/8 because it's still too early for seed production) will tell you which color the seeds will be. So if it doesn't turn black and instead turns to the color you'd otherwise expect from cross-pollinating, you can either ditch the plant at that point or continue tending it, knowing you won't be getting black seeds.

Noble Beast likes this.
  17. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

awesome thanks

Noble Beast likes this.
  18. Noble Beast

Noble Beast Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*smirks, remembering that their Tribe is composed of all sorts of Renegades*

[lol Love Ya Luka!]