1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Sims Medieval

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Dec 21, 2010.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. If they used that engine to create a new UO client, *then* UO would be able to compete with newer games.

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Well, one can't argue that the graphics are really nice. But being as "quest driven" as the trailers imply leave me with the impression this is going to be just a very pretty hamster wheel in the end. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that it will offer as much depth and variety as UO.

It would be interesting to know who plans on trying it out.

I also think Morgana is correct. If we had those graphics in UO, it would possibly run for another 13 years (or longer).

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes, it's time to steal the engine and graphics from the sims to make a new client and trash CC and EC :p

5. Babble

Babble Guest

Hmm , you don't go to work but go plundering ... sounds like a fun sims :p

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Hehe well it's not an MMO, I just got an E-Mail about it today from EA and thought it was funny ... even though it seems sorta cool, too :). lol I'm a sucker for medieval stuff ... but yeah, I just wish EA would fund a UO medieval project, single player or otherwise ... but I guess the Sims is the better seller ...

There's this really bomb ass game coming out that is totally OT ... it's called LA Noire YouTube - L.A. Noire: "The Technology Behind Performance" ... amazing graphics, and premise. It maps the face of real actors and you have to choose whether or not people are lying.

7. Amathist

Amathist Guest

I confess I am a sims addict.......I know how shameful right?.....but it just drew me in and its an addiction I haven't yet beaten....and now ooooo medieval i am in heaven.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Gods I was sooo addicted to the Sims... and believe it or not early on I often built a "castle" for my Sims. I had all sorts of Medieval stuff... was awesome.

I can see I'd be extremely tempted with this...

Now yes.... I agree if we could somehow merge the two..... cool new graphics... and UO... wow what a game that would be...

This however would be the perfect game for me for those times when I can't get on the internet.

9. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Look like a big hit to me. And I agree that something like that for UO would be great. It's actually my dream game that players could form communities to build a castle and city like that, even with the idea of building special buildings to attract special NPCs, but also to add special city type abilities in sort of Civilization sort of way.

10. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

Im buying that.

11. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously tempted to pre-order, even if it's the sims. Also, yeah, they should take that graphic and use on uo or hell, give uo to the sims team! Or better yet - Rockstar games :p

12. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

I got hooked into the Sims a few years ago because of the awesome house design. That trailer is getting me hooked again... SIMS Medieval... I'm there dude... what's the code for unlimited money again? lol

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

lol I think the first Sims was like rosebud or something :p I um still play the original "The Sims" sometimes ... :x ...

I took a typing class in middle school because I had to pick an "elective" and we had to play the original Sim City for fun at the end of the course ... why, I forget, it was just a BS class ... anyway, the kids in the class were doing so bad, the teacher gave everyone a cheat code for more money rofl it was perhaps one of the most pathetic gaming scenes I've ever witnessed.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

OMG I used to play Sim City all the time...... and the Sims..... I was sooo addicted it wasn't even funny.. I can see myself becoming addicted to Sims Medieval big time.

15. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ctrl shift motherlode:blushing:

16. Babble

Babble Guest

*coughs*
    If I find a cracked version I might download it
    :p

17. Amathist

Amathist Guest

kaching is another code *smiles*

18. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Ah the American vision of Medieval times! It's cute.