1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Slow Death of UO

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by drinkbeerallday, Nov 17, 2008.

1. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

November 2008 Lag Fest: another nail in the coffin

Hopefully soon they let us talk about free shards..........

2. Last count 723 nails in the coffin. SO whats the point.

3. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

you mean 723 players left on some shards.

4. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

no...thats all the shards

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wish i had a dollar for every time someone thinks uo is dieing ive played since 1999 and will continue to play for as long as they run uo and have heard that little bit so many times its getting very old now there are atleast two or three other posts like this and its because someone is unhappy about something in this case its lag the lag now is nothing compared to the old days and you know what I bet they are working on it wow is no better I play it also and have lag sometimes. There will always be lag at times....

6. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

While the lag is very annoying, I find encouragement from it. Have you seen the number of people playing through the lag? All event areas are very populated. (yes I play on the server you said should be shut down because of lack of players in a different thread). Also the number of people showing concern of the lag preventing them from playing the game they love.

7. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

The nail Im most worried about is the EM event "powers". I mean these guys used to play with people and gang up with pks in the old days and ruin the game for many

8. Lag at times is fine, 2 weeks straight and worse over the weekend is NOT FINE!

9. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

When I left UO 6 years ago it was dying. I'm now back and enjoying it a great deal.

10. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I dont care how bad the lag was back in the day....i really dont

I play today and the fact is the lag sucks and it is hindering my enjoyment....i take little or no solice that you and other people had to endure the lag 'way back when' I DONT CARE

I want the lag that is happening today fixed!

11. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had hardly any problem with lag. Are most the people having lag problems on dial-up?

I'm only on a 3MB DSL connection.

As far as UO dieing, I don't see it. I have had a lot of fun since Pub 56 came out. I only wish Council of Mages on Pacific would quit hording the sigils so we could have more invasions. As soon as an invasion hits, about 300 people show up and it's over in less than an hour. :sad4:

The invasions are soooooooo fun to do. It's nice to have a new challenge with new items to look for. I would actually like to see them leave the invasions in permanent somehow.

I'm getting off topic so I'll stop. LOL

12. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

lol... fight them then. that is the point of factions. cry about it all you want.

hate to say it but: if you suck you lose.

13. Even though this is OT, the problem isn't with skill, it's the fact that CoM on Pacific has at least 150 members. I think I looked on UO dot Com and Minax has about 20 members. Pretty hard to compete. LOL

At least it looks like SL is starting to grow some, they are still outnumbered though.

We had a good thing going the other day, had four cities we were about to capture. A person that we didn't know had ties to CoM was on our Team Speak and just as we were going to get the sigils to capture the towns, a ton of CoM showed up. We were only able to capture one out of four. I'm thinking we did pretty good for the odds we were against.

:gee: