1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Solution to PvP in UO

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by EnigmaMaitreya, Aug 28, 2008.

1. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Given that the so called PvPrs in UO are not capable of anything other than setting up rules of engagement that define what the opponent can and can not do, can and can not use, the perfect solution to PvP in UO is this.

Shut Down Felluca and SP. All zones have Trammel Rule Sets.

If the above is to drastic then

You can not engage another player unless the player has an identical template to yours, with not more than a .1 variance in any skill and no more than a 1 variance in any stat. Items must be, modifier wise, identical to yours.

ANYTHING else is obviously TO over powering for PvP.

Just that simple, if there is any difference in the templates then there can be no aggressive action taken.

Seriously, based on the perpetual whining, crying little babies that are the Superior Players (what a laugh) just shut the entire PvP thing down, or give me a means to indicate I do not want my UO TAX dollars going to support /subsidize their bitchy, whiny, crying demands to have GOD MODE.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*Trolling in Progress*
    :drama:

-couldn't resist posting this again-

3. EnigmaMaitreya

Stratics Veteran

And let us not forget the perpetual crap about NO INSURANCE on SP.

Oh wow, the people that play on SP were obviously blind sided by that one. Oh yeah that was a Stealth NERF to Sp that was.

OR in short, the SP bitchy, whiny, cry baby PvPr wanna be's posture:

I am superior to everyone else.
    I have superior Items that I got in a Superior Manner.

WHAAAAA I AM TO DARN AFRAID I WILL LOSE ALL THAT STUFF TO EVER USE IT.

I AM TO AFRAID THAT GREATER DRAGON WILL EAT ALL MY UBER STUFF AND I WILL NEVER GET IT BACK WHAAAAAAAAAAA

Talk about the Pan Ultimate Bank Sitting Prima Donna.

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*You create a newbie of exceptional sadness*

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMBULANCE!

5. Uh...........yeah.

*waits for the inevitable move to SnR*

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

True Solution to PvP in UO: Step in Fel before you're allowed to open your mouth about it on stratics.

7. archite666

archite666 Guest

Yeah everyone on SP is gonna come look at this thread, this guy is just absolutly hilarious.

But you know enigma? Its good to know us siege folks are getting to you.

Thank you for giving us the fuel we need to keep it up.

8. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Ya nothing wrong with collecting a few death robes on Siege...Heck I run my character pretty much naked there because I know he'll loose what ever he has when he dies....No need for gold really, as everything is free if you just look in the right backpack ^^.

9. EnigmaMaitreya

Stratics Veteran

"Its good to know us siege folks are getting to you."

If that is all the collective intellect of SP can see then I am golden and things will happen.

"Thank you for giving us the fuel we need to keep it up"

While yet another Pathetic attempt at Day Care Psycho Babble, I will use it to make a POINT.

Come now, these boards show clearly YOU DON'T NEED ANY EXCUSE(AKA FUEL) TO COME HERE AND WHINE/CRY about how pathetic you are.

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You've got the market cornered on that, buddy.

11. Zoran

Zoran Guest

You know whats funny about this? On the non-SP shards, the real "Elite" PvP'rs are the ones who arent whining. Its these folks who are using their cheats and STILL suck who cry all day.

When you dont cheat- you dont get bothered as much. You know your limitations. The 'super-hacking-cheaters' seems to adapt and overcome. Even taking GD's out with what seems to be ease at times.

The whine always seems to come from the same people who cry "OMGZ u Disarmed me!!" or "A tamer isnt PvP!!!". Then comes the "You never 1v1 anybody!" then the second you do their guildies gank you to cries of "OWNED!!"...

What Enigma said has a lot of Merrit- deal with it or dont. Stop the crying. We ALL know a lot of people speedhack and crap. Accept that when you kill one then- your just that much better.
    All char's have different skills. If your going to shoot me with a 'Mortal Strike' from your bow- don't cry foul when I disarm it from your hand.
    What he suggests about removing PvP- that is already an option. Its called Trammel. Cry babies should go there or grow up. No one wants to hear about how wrong it was that your "Leet" mage got dismounted and chased down by a dragon (which should never have happened since you run just as fast on foot as mounted!!) lol

I enjoy the PvP, but its always better with people who remember that its a game and keep it to friendly competition..
    And as for the 'rules of engagement'? Except for people who hack or use game exploits, the rules are clear!
    If the game lets you do it- you havent broken the rules.
    Simple as that.
    ~Zoran

12. Mishra_

Mishra_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This should be fun and be non stop for a day

13. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran