1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The stackables project is still ongoing ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 30, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It is a while I do not hear any longer anything about the stackables project..... that is, the work to increase the number of items which in UO can be stacked (the list of those we still cannot stack is still a long one....).

Furthermore, it is a few Publishes which in the notes I read nothing about any items finally be made as stackable.

Has the project been terminated ? Suspended ? Else ?

TullyMars and Packrat22 like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't think they care.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, I disagree.

Otherwise, why would there be a schedule to meet players on all shards and hear their needs, suggestions, complaints about the game ?

Why would there be a revamping of factions into Virtues vs. Vices ?

Why would there be an upgrade of the Enhanced Clients and UIs ?

etc.

4. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Are you thinking on something in particulary popps? Because for some items, like the refinements, the Devs gave technical insights why that is not easy to accomplish (without major changes to the game engine i assume).

As for some other items, like the snow tiles, i just don't know :)

5. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Well, I'll give an example: Reducing 150 bottles of powder of fortification to one lockdown would be nice- same with 100 tongs, 50 dull copper runic hammers, 50 copper runic hammers - you get the idea

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There should be a price for hoarding value.

startle likes this.
  7. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

This - but I wouldn't consider crafting ingredients/equipment hoarding.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I dunno... I have a stack of Seeds of Renewal that is getting pretty big.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The seeds stack..... Power Crystals ....... Stupid Oooze from Ants does NOT. Nor does half the baking drops on paragons...

Gets to the point where there is soo much crap that doesn't stack you just don't want to do anything anymore because all it does is add more junk to your storage.... Sure I could throw it away and get a measly 10 to 100 points for the crap but honestly why bother?

So then it stands to reason that if THunting is out now because it generates too much junk.... Fishing is certainly out that generates a heck of a lot of junk.... Hunting paragons out..... most hunting out ...... then exactly why do I bother logging in?

You see where this is going?

And it's the same old junk as always that you get from doing any of that..... So with nothing "new" or "exciting" to get then honestly it's really not that interesting to do.... so why do it? That honestly doesn't leave much to do...

RP with the few folk there are left to RP with when they are on and when they have time..... attend an EM event once or twice a week... but what do you do the rest of the time?

Eventually you get bored and go play another game...... one that's FREE..... then you wonder why am I paying to play this game when the free game I play gets updated once a week? I pay to play this game and it gets an update once in a blue moon. Something horribly wrong with that picture.

Olahorand likes this.
  10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

This mess of small fish need to stack too, that would allow me to sell them too PvP'ers and add them to the community vendors in New Mag
    Would be nice if deco plants would stack too

Olahorand likes this.