1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The status of NEW2

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Nov 3, 2013.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hi all
    As you may have seen, I don't play as much as in the past. I just don't have the time at the moment.
    My work take a lot of my energy and I have been very tired the last time.

I'm sorry that hurt NEW2 as I don't have the time I need to run the guild. I also miss some of my great co-leaders, who had a lot of time to put in the guild and that made up for my limit time.

When I restarted NEW2, I had hoped Shalimar would be back, but that do not seem to happen.

I would feel sad to take down the guild but to keep running it, I need co-leaders who can help me run it. That is hard, when I'm do not have the time and energy to keep contact with my co-leaders :(

An other thing is, I don't know how much need there is for NEW2 now where Mystic tokens works on Siege.

We only have few active members at the moment but they seem happy for the guild. I'm missing a lot outside my playtime, who may want to join.

I just feel sad, I can't do better :(

2. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

you have no need to feel this way Freja, you are one of the greatest resources this shard has ever had. you have given it all you had and more. if you do not have time, you do not have time, and if anyone thinks you are letting the shard down they are just full of it. you do what you need to do, and the shard will be here when you get back.

if there is a large need for a new player guild, it will get taken care of. your personal life comes first. *hugs*

chargar42, Lyconis, Lorddog and 8 others like this.
  3. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would echo Victim's comments. If there is no time and/or personal stuff is in the way just take a break. There are way bunches of folks on Siege who can help get someone who is legit new get a bit of a head start. Props to your contributions over the years.

Jack Nickelson

chargar42 and Blaeke like this.
  4. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I will play but there will be days I don't make it online. Thanks for your support :grouphug:

Lorddog likes this.
  5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

You must always bring balance to your game play. If you don't, the game time becomes a burden. I would love to help, but I can't commit the amount of game time needed in that role.

Be proud of how you touch the SP community. Thank you for everything you contribute!

6. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Freja, I really appreciated the time I spent in NEW2, and if you'd like, Talia could help out as an emissary. We usually see each other about once a week or so, and if that would help you out, I'd be glad to do it :)

7. FrejaSP

I would love that, I will look for you ingame

8. Pendragon

Pendragon Journeyman

ID possibly be interested let me know what the position entails or your specific needs are would yah? send me a pm

9. FrejaSP

The position entails understanding of the way the guild works and ingame time, when someone want to join NEW2 and sometimes have a lot of questions and need advices about Siege and the game.
    The position also entails that the co-leader is in good standing with the shard and can communicate with both the good and the evil community.
    It make it easier with some magery for gating on the co-leader char. Some NEW2 leaders are on a lot and hanging out with NEW2, others are on their main char and just listen to the gen chat, when someone ask for a leader or a NEW2 need something.

10. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

What Vic said :)

11. Pendragon

Pendragon Journeyman

id like to help then how you mentioned above. see how it goes.

12. FrejaSP

Lets speak when I get home from work

13. Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Pie Adventurer

Hi, Freja :)
    Don't you worry real life does call at times, I know that's why I haven't been on the last week new job erratic shift. I still will invite new people when ever I'm on my main char :) never a problem changing over characters.

You enjoy real life, things will work themselves out :)

Goldie
    The one and only 1 word Goldie :p

14. FrejaSP

Yes I will be back full time, I just need to take it easy right now :)

15. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

FrejaSP:

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be on SP at all. As a "newborn" NEW2 member, you and the NEW2 group made my move here so much easier. There are many of us here who are in your debt for the many kindnesses you have shown thru NEW2. I am far too new here to be of any help with the "running" of NEW2, but I can certainly contribute. I'd be happy to construct suits for NEW2 or anything in that regard if that would take some of the burden off you... Please PM me if I can help.

Blaeke and Tjalle like this.
  16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* I wish I could help ya. I was a lousy New co though. I have zero time with the new bakery taking shape.

17. FrejaSP

We are not really needing much resources as items as most NEW2 try to pay back when they grow up and the shard is very helpful too. Also younger NEW2 love to help when they can. I rarely need to refill the tools box and they help each others with the skills they have.

I got one new leader so far and may get one more. If we just can get make it easier to find a NEW2 leader, I believe it will work, even when I'm not on alot.

I believe the best thing NEW2 gives to young players are a place to call home, a group to hang out with and the protection the tag gives. Gen chat is a great help, when they need advices and no NEW2 leader is on.

18. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Wouldn't it be helpful if the ICQ to leaders were available? People asking for NEW2 almost always gets told to just "wait and try later." I for one would feel more OK with waiting if I knew I had sent a message that would be seen for sure. Rather than hoping that sometime in the next week someone might be online at the exact same time I am...

19. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

Diablo asks if he can do it .... (oh snap)

what? too soon ... what?

Kat and Blaeke like this.
  20. FrejaSP

Problem is, a lot leaders do not have ICQ, second, also leaders take a break sometimes. Best way is to call for a leader in Gen chat or post here and ask for a leader.
    I have only had few active leaders the last time, a lot had to take care of RL.

21. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not to tarnish Diablo's "bad" name and all.... You have to understand that when I really started to build up on Siege he was cool with me, this is when I was too stong to be in NEW. I lived in a ditch and Diablo gave me access to a house which I used to lock down hopeful newbie gear from a time before. He gave me odd jobs to do to make some money, I needed the money and he needed some time consuming labor. It was also kinda fun, running around with newbied pants and the 20 regs I could stand to have looted. Just being associated with him got me into scrapes, nothing like a rusty newbie mage magic arrowing the tight knit nutters that started attacking you because you said hi to the vile Diablo bloke. And to top it, when I was scrapping with these random nutters Diablo would come in and get my back.

There is never a point where you are too "new" on Siege to help the community or step into a leadership role here. You have definetly been on Siege long enough to see how the community works and know first hand the culture shock that follows.

Anyways, Freja you do great by Siege, if anyone tells you different let us know we will kill them for you!