1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Technocrat War: Starfell

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarderDragon, Jul 10, 2012.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

When on Chesapeake for the Call to Arms event I noticed Dupre was wielding a unique-named sword: Starfell. The name sounded familiar so I decided to do a bit of digging. And here is where I found it.

He lifted Starfell unseen before his face. His voice lowered to a sonorous pitch. "And so the pursuit of Justice continues, my lord." He spoke to the memory of Lord Valente, the noble leader of the House of the Lion whom Pikas had slain a year earlier. Montenegro owed much to the murdered nobleman. Valente had championed him when the rest of New Britannia clamored to throw him into prison. The knight could do no less than to wield Starfell, Valente's enchanted sword, on the path of the Virtue of Justice. He would slay the assassin or die from the effort.

Generations ago the Lost King had defined the eight Virtues as ethical beacons for the people of Britannia: Honor, Justice, Sacrifice, Compassion, Humility, Honesty, Spirituality and Valor. In the eighty-eight years since the Cataclysm tore the world apart, the Virtues had assumed even greater importance. Montenegro's grandfather, the legendary Sir Lazaro, had achieved the highest degree of respect for his adherence to those ideals. But the Cataclysm took his life, even as it did the Lost King himself. Sir Gabriel Montenegro intended to recapture the glory of his honored name. The Virtues showed the only path to that destiny, a fact that Lord Valente's murder had revealed to him.
    - The Technocrat War: Masquerade - Chapter 1 - The Viper of Levanto​

Did Dupre wield this sword on other shards? Or was it unique to Chesapeake?

2. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not that I saw. Though the Technocrat War series (and UO2) takes place in an alternate timeline. Basically, the cataclysm mentioned caused the future, present, and past to all combine. So it might not be all too proper to be making any of it canon for UO. Less proper than using Ultima Prime happenings for UO canon (a mistake we often see). Though aspects of it were used for UO after UO2's cancellation. For example, Meer and Juka and the Exodus machines. They were just explained a little...differently. :p

3. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Magdalena posted this in the other thread.

And Galen.

4. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I couldn't log but there were a couple of tavern nights where the EM NPCs discussed Starfell and the various noble families involvement in it. There was actually a lot of what I call "plot hooks" dropped about various factions involved in the unrest too. It did seem improvised but that is the best kind of interaction and if you're playing the "GM/DM", it is always best to leave some plot things dangling you can use later.

5. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

It might not be fitting to the em events but it seems fitting to what s happening in UO. I think it sounds good..