1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] The Throwing skill....

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by popps, Feb 17, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was reading about the throwing skill both on Stratics Throwing and on UOGuide Throwing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

I could not find any reference on the skill description of this new skill that it needs tactics, anatomy etc.

Does it work just like any other combat skill or is it different (being a new skill who knows...) and thus not needing any tactics, anatomy etc. for its functionality ?

Thanks.

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it works like all other combat skills in terms of Tactics and Anatomy effecting damage output and special moves.

It has some of the same ranged attack penalties that archery has, with leeches not being as effective, etc.

I has some of the benefits of melee weapons, in that they are one handed.

It has unique range calculations that you would have read on Stratics and UOGuide.

3. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

are you able to poison throwing weapons or is it like archery where you can't?

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can check the UO Stratics weapons pages for a list of weapons and their special moves.

But no, currently there are no throwing weapons that have the ability to do infectious strike.