1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The town Criers are all MISSING!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just noticed today that the Town Criers are missing!! [​IMG] Is this part of April Fools or something? [​IMG] Is it a glitch/bug/undocumented UO feature? [​IMG] I'm going to miss chucking Greater Explosions, fire bombs and Mel's Explosions at them to get gaurd whacked for laughs. Oh well...C'Est la Vie. [​IMG]

2. Seems they have been gone a while...at least a couple (or more) weeks...perhaps longer.

I miss 'em. *sighs*

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually, they are still around from what I've seen.

The one in Britain, Atlantic, is west of the bank in the little housing area directly south of the tailor.

The one in Moonglow, Atlantic, is north of the inn.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Who's gonna miss them? They have been pretty useless and neglective of duties for the most part over the last few years. Most people find out information here, before it every comes from the mouth of the town criers, if they say anything at all but, "I have no news at this time."

Who needs 'em? - just waisted program space and pixels, unless the Devs make use of them.

5. Ahh...could be I was just use to seeing them in the famililar spot...like between the bank aqnd the water at WBB.

My bad...thanks for the clarification of my laziness to pay attention to detail. Hehe.

[​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Good riddance to excess garbage less lag for us!

7. <blockquote><hr>

Good riddance to excess garbage less lag for us!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

the town criars used to serve a purpose, but lately they have been spouting outdated information and making the game not look good. Criars are just one more thing to miss when game events are over.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

It happened awhile ago. I kinda miss them, too. I will always remember asking for the news as a new player, imagining the day that I could join in on whatever adventure was happening.