1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The UO Poll Archives [Upd 5.27.08 20:26]

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Orvago, May 14, 2008.

1. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When making a poll, be sure come back here and post a Link to your poll! We'll try and keep an archive of sorts here for ease of finding polls!

Only Polls that are on the Topic of Ultima Online, EA or Mythic, will be listed here.

(in order of entry only)

2. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I'm really trying to restrain myself from going Poll crazy. I don't know what's more fun, making them or filling them out. :D

3. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

People can feel free to make as many polls as they wish. Just as long as their not made for the intent of spamming with polls :p

The polls will get moved off the page by normal activity in other threads and as long as the polls aren't bumped and such and no one posts like 50 consecutive polls, I think it will be ok to go a little "poll crazy".

Just please keep the polls on the topic of Ultima Online and not just a bunch of silly small polls. ;)

If Polls do end up running rampant, we could look into an "archive" forum where polls get moved to after a few days or longer but remain votable on - or some other form of containment. ;)

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Why are the "Do you okay Siege" Poll closed?

5. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I already voted, so I can't tell if it's just closed to Comments or if the actual Poll is disabled too... hmm.

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I was to late to vote so I can tell:(

7. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*Orvago shakes his head at the remains of water bowls in the annihilated cages*

Gremlins! I put up a big sign to not let them get wet...

8. Sebrina

Sebrina Guest

They are often written to get predicated responses. "Whether or not I like polls," I often respond to them, but I do not believe that the result finallization are often meant to respond to the intentions of those who submit.
    Many times there are forgone conclusions associated with such polls which have no bearing on the main information whatsoever,

9. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Depends how well the poll was thought out & worded before being posted. :D

10. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Was testing here what it would look like if I were to merge the replies people posted their poll links with into one post. Got kinda jumbled and messed up, will do more testing.

11. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just a small note on making polls on the subject of "Subject Lines".

When you make your Poll, whatever you put as the "Post" subject line is what will appear on the Forum Thread List. The "Poll's" subject line will only be visible when viewing the thread itself.

So, when making a poll, the first Subject line the system asks you to create will be the one everyone sees on the forum thread list.

:shots:

12. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

13. Aww , what happened to the sticky on these..

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!