1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Theme for new pvp school ( I want your input)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Feb 8, 2009.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ok so weve been tossing back and forth these roleplay themes for
    the school.

The obviously one I thought of was, dark mysterious "hogwarts" theme, I hate harry potter but we wont go there.

The second weve talked about is a oriental theme, focusing on different animals and styles scorpian style for poisoners ect.

Id like to hear comments on these themes, and just any ideas you all have roleplay wise, different themes, different rooms the house should have, dress codes, anything really.

2. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Ok here is my thought. Im not trying to bash or anything so if it seems this way im sorry.
    What you are describing would seem to be a role play school. I dont think the type of roleplay your describing is goign to advance anyone to a higher level of pvp and isnt that why we go to school is to advance ourselfs?

If you are going to do a pvp school i would think you should focus on the type of pvp said person is going to be doing.

If they are a dexxer they need to be learning what is the best type of wep vs a certain template. How to adjust when fighting more than 1vs1. When is the proper time to bandage when is the proper time to toggle specials and what type of sequencing of the specials are most effective with said template. What type of mods are best for a weapon for their templates.

If mage pvp sounds better to the student they would need to learn what spells to cast vs certain templates how to use low level spells to disrupt vs mage and the effective combos in general. Mana consumption vs amount of health their opponent has. When is the proper time to switch from offence to defence. AND FOR CHRIST SAKE START WITH A CURSE

These seem like more obvious questions and concerns that would need to be adressed to learn pvp.

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

Its both, we can use vent to explain simply things to those that are completly new, and in game do some roleplay, i know some gil and tdo would be into this and this is kinda my target audiance.

Iv had quite a bit of people asking about it, wast even my idea in the first place heh

4. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Snip....

You make great points, but I dont think the two of you are conflicting.
    He wants to make themes for the skills you mentioned, it seems to me.

For example, the dexxers you speak of would go to the Monkey Clan, they would dress a certain way for class, and would learn all the things you listed.

The mages would go to the Pheonix Clan, follow the dress code, and learn all you mentioned.

Some people will not join without the role playing element, so he is simply asking which theme to use.

It is a role playing school, it requires human interaction and self control. If you go on a killing spree in class, you'll be ejected from the school, so in a sense, you must play the role of the student, and he will play the role of the teacher... and all will really learn PVP skills.

5. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I think the hogwarts thing would be pretty cool, a different "house" for different templates. Also, who are the teachers going to be?

6. How bout "Join my school so I can steal your stuff?"

7. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just dont see cash doing that. But you do, then feel free not to join.

8. Why? He's done it before.

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

Well even though evermore's (merchantathome) previous guild raided and pretty much brought an end to the only regular event we had going just because they cant duel (fight night) I would still allow him to enter, because maybe, just maybe with alot of teaching, he could become something more than a blue noto.

Also I find it amusing being called a thief by someone who, not only was caught buying out other vendors property and selling it for higher, but was also caught "organising jewels" at the same guild house I supposedly stole from, now normally someone "organising jewels" would be suspicious....however when that person also has a vendor that sells such jewels in moonglow well lets just say i'm not the only one that has some explaining to do.

Bottemline, he without sin cast the first stone.

Yeah I did something silly, in a video game, like two years ago. We all have. Lets move on.

10. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Sad... :bowdown:

11. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was gonna wait for the "donate to my school" post, but merchant beat me to it. n49, cash admits he's a thief. Maybe he thinks "everyone" in game is a thief. Maybe he outta play a thief template in game...wait...he already does ROFLMAO!

12. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ah morder,

I dont play a theif template in game, though I might one day try that, thank you for your suggestion.

If you kill someone and you take their belongings are you not a thief?

I believe everyone on siege IS indeed a thief, or is training to be, or is making the items to enable others to be theifs.

So Yes, since most of the appeal of Siege is taking others belongings, I am indeed a theif.

13. archite666

archite666 Guest

I know right? I guess ex JSV really hate events, I mean first they destroy fight night and now they attack my pvp school.

Let us prey for these poor souls.

And yes Pwn, while it may be worship they are giving me, I'm trying to promote my school here, not sign autographs.

*sigh* I guess ones fame can be a curse.

14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

thief...la

15. Like everyone else in the alliance, I did my best to help you and your friends get started on Siege. I can assure you, anything I gave you to help you get going was earned, not stolen.

You repaid that help and trust by stealing hundreds of items on your way out the door.

I'm not mad at you. It is just a game. But, I'll never fully trust you again.

Anyone who gets involved with you deserves to know what you have done. That is all.

16. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can always post the PM you sent me Cash admitting your guilt. If thats what ya want. Only someone with extremely low integrity would have done such a thing and then feel like everyone should just forgive or forget. Or, when you say "everyone does it" are you talking about everyone in your guild. Ah, ok then. Understood. Not like we all didn't know already.

17. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

How did this thread get off topic and become an attack thread?

Don't you kids realize that it is just a game? I am a thief... I will steal from you most every chance I get, it is what I do. This is Siege Perilous, there is no insurance, the only protections you have are the tactics you use and the devices you make for yourself.

So you let your guard down and friended someone to your house, they took advantage of your trust and took some items... who's fault is it?
    You could set different levels of access on the container, don't complain about game mechanics if you fail to use them, and don't complain about his morals or ethics, he is a virtual charatcer, and his morals may not be the same as the owners real life morals... ex. I am not a thief in real life.

I may post on the message board here and bait people, then steal from them in game. My persona is alive and well here too, though I may reveal my true self from time to time. Lesson: keep your guard up, or don't fret the losses.

Instead of attacking Cash with true hatred, ( as it appears it is to me ), why not get back at him VIA role playing... ( and make episodes for all to enjoy ).

Wouldn't it be more fun to enroll in his school as a spy? Plot his death, etc...

Stop taking it so seriously, it is just a game.

Now... who has suggestions for his school? :gun:

18. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

PvP 101: How to loot victims.. and trash their stuff
    PvP 151: How to evade the enemy.. by house hiding
    PvP 201: How to lose honorably.. then post about being ganked
    PvP 301: How to work as a team.. to gank someone

19. archite666

archite666 Guest

*Deleted* I wont resort to that....

20. archite666

archite666 Guest

Extremly low intergrity? I apolagise if I hurt you that much by leaving morder.

Bottem line, I was joining an evil guild, I wanted to make it offical with an evil act, get over it. This happened like two years ago in real life time.

I hope you do post the PM I sent you, I stand by everything I said, why would I PM someone who is personally attacking me with information I didnt want shared with the public?

Something I want to mention right quick

It was an alliance house full of stuff we all farmed for and loot we collected with no pre established rules of what you could use, so prove to me and the rest of siege how I stole something that I was allowed to take?

Its not the fact that I took some of my belongings when I left, its the fact I left for a better guild that hurt you guys so much, why else would you come here two years later board trashing me?

If you want to talk crap thats fine, but I expect for you to at least give your opinions on good roleplay ideas as I asked in the title. You may object and hate me all you like, but bottem line is I am held in high regard in many places in siege and will continue on with my community building.

And regardless of how much you hate me, try to see what i'm doing. I get it, you feel wronged and you want to make me mad or ruin my plans. Thats ok if you feel wronged then I guess I deserve it, but understand...

I'm trying to make this game, the one: Cash, Morder, and Evermore play, better. I want to teach new guys to pvp and even old guys who dont.
    Maybe the next time you go to kill a miner, he bolas you and sicks his beetle on you and runs away, or maybe Gil becomes a freaking "beehive of wasps "when you pk one of them, there are no evil intentions behind my idea.
    I was asked by alot of people to run some sort of pvping training, not because im good, but because im decent, I know alot and I love helping new people. You have any doupt about that? Why dont you ask Shalimar what kind of person I am?

If you want to discuss this further, lets take it to PMs or better I have a private vent we can use. If you want to "warn people" how bad of a guy that I am , please create a thread and tell everyone, hell i'll help. I'm a terrible duelist, you can put that in there too.

21. archite666

archite666 Guest

See what I mean, not even a member of KOC and he supports me, as should everyone support those that try to build a community.

Thank you nightstalker, I hope I recieve your application for the guild once were open. Your truely a siege man, and I would enjoy working with you.

22. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ah yeah I guess I got alot of practice to do.

23. archite666

archite666 Guest

Me and a few select others from guilds all over.

the "house" idea would be used in the orient theme as well almost exactly like nightstalker said.

24. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Guild? I cannot join another guild, as my loyalty is to THIEF [^_^]!

But if there are no guild requirements, I would love to attend the school, just let me know what the tuition is so I can save up! ( by robbing unsuspecting souls )

As far as supporting you, it isn't personal, guild tags mean nothing to me ( except my sworn enemies of Gilfane... $^$% just the thought makes me want to draw blood ). If what is being said has truth to it, then I will speak in favor of it, regardless of who is saying it.

In fact, I think the story is even better now, now knowing that you did the deed as a sort of initiation rights to you new guild, to show you have no alligence to them any longer. If you were the sort of person who would do such a thing in real life though... that would be another issue.

Something to consider when planning your lessons:

I do not use UO Assist.
    I do not use ICQ.
    I do not use Vent.
    I only use 2D and the macros that it affords.
    I run full screen so no other programs distract me.

Don't require any changes!!! :scholar: ( Because I am old and set in my ways )

25. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Good luck with this Cash. If I thought PvP was worthwhile anymore, I would be interested.

26. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Something to consider when planning your lessons:

I do not use UO Assist.
    I do not use ICQ.
    I do not use Vent.
    I only use 2D and the macros that it affords.
    I run full screen so no other programs distract me.

Don't require any changes!!! :scholar: ( Because I am old and set in my ways )

hmm... this sounds like me!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

27. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Word for word even! You would think our ideas were copied and pasted, if you didn't know any better. What a coincidence!

*stares*
    Nightstalker

28. Phaheela

Phaheela Guest

Fer pittys sake, stop the name callin and the petty tit for tatting, its making the forum look like the some kindergarten playground full of 5yr olds, its getting that its ever single dern thread is being taken over by numpties who just want to sit there and sling abusive comments around, because of this, stratics is fastly becoming not worth the bother to load it up.

i have junior school children, i get more than enough of that sort of behavior just with sibling rivalry I dont expect to have it shoved on me by people who claim to be mature adults.

Cash is trying to achieve a focal point in game for players that wish to use it, what the heck is so wrong with doing that ? Why must the same people flame down every single thread thats posted these days. Its pathetic.

29. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*tidies*

Well said Phaheela.

30. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea Cash.

I would be glad to help in anyway that I can.

One problem tho, while many of Gilfane, including myself, will be happy to attend trainings and "school", very few (or more likely - none) of them would be willing to leave the guild to do so. Would be nice to find another way to do this.

31. I wasn't aware KOC is an "evil" guild. I must have missed your "evil" roleplay. I have seen "evil" roleplay, I've roleplayed an evil character. I don't remember anyone from KOC ever roleplaying though. Nor do I remember you roleplaying on Siege. Stealing items from alliance chests is old. Lots of people did it before you did. I didn't consider it "evil" when they did it and I didn't consider it "evil" when you did it. I consider it lame.

As for KOC being a "better" guild, I'm not sure I agree with that either. KOC is certainly a different guild. If you feel that you fit in there better, good for you. I don't miss you. The alliance lost a lot of good people over time, people that I did miss, losses that hurt. Trustworthy, generous, mature people I miss. In my opinion, you weren't one of those.

Good luck with your "school." You asked for feedback and my feedback would be that if there is such a school, I'd prefer it be run by someone else.

32. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ah I apolagise for the misconception, there will be a "guild" for those that have no guild and wish to be a more permanent party, however for those with alliances we will simply need a way to denote that.

Iv spoke about this before, Im thinking guild title, I believe that is a fair compremise, what do you think?

33. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Its possible, Gilfane has a house designation that has to be in the title, so we could try to fit it in to the title or create a new house for it depending on the interest within Gilfane. Keep it up, at least someone is trying to do something other than cry and bad-mouth Siege.

34. archite666

archite666 Guest

Thank you and I will.