1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Theme Pack price

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Reffi0105, May 24, 2011.

1. Reffi0105

Reffi0105 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

so thats £7 for the single and £11 for both

3. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

What's that in American?

Wouldn't it be great if we could get everyone to boycott buying them? :grouphug:

4. olduofan

olduofan Guest

so whats it $18 for both ?

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

really $11 is going to broke you?

6. If those prices are right and thats what they charge US players, then its $28 for both packs.

I said before I would probably buy them, out of support for the UO itself, but 30$? To be honest from what I saw in both, I dont think either is worth more than $10. Then again, how do you put a price on pixels?

7. I dont think anyone is worried about being broke, but who doesnt want value for money?

8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I'm pretty sure that the prices are for individual and both.
    So you can buy them individually for 945 yen, or both of them together for 1470 yen.
    I have no idea where $28 is coming from, unless you're adding the double to the individual, in which case, don't.

Of course, if direct currency conversions happened, then we wouldn't be paying $16/month for subscription in the UK.

9. olduofan

olduofan Guest

I most be looking at wrong site isnt it $18 not $28 ? for both ?

10. All I did was pull up Kim's post. Thought they were listed as seperately, not one and then both..

945 yen in usd - Google Search
    1470 yen in usd - Google Search

^^^^
    Is what I was looking at.

11. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

That was just conversions for the prices given in the OP.

Not to mention a demonstration on how it's easy to find answers to questions like currency conversions for one's self.

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

does it really matter? If they wanted you to buy it, they'd release the information, hint hint.
    that also mean they don't know how to sync events between 2 countries?

13. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm undecided on this. If not enough people buy them, EA will have to eat the losses out of subscription fees and other profits from the online store. The mini-boosters will be seen as a failure.

The question is whether this would cause them to up their game and deliver something of quality that a high number of players want, or instead cut resources to deliver content of even lower quality.

Personally, I think about $4.99 each is appropriate for the content being delivered.

14. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The question is not about it "broking" me or not. The real question is this worth $11, NO IT IS NOT.

15. popps

popps Always Present

16. popps

popps Always Present

If it included with the package also an additional 20% House/Bank storage increase it would be worth it for me and, I think, many other players also..........

17. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie

this

i think they'd better be cramming more stuff into that if they expect people to pay that kinda money. honestly, think of what other game-related stuff u could get for the same amount. a full game on sale from a digital download site.

18. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Wow. Really?

They think these things are worth $11 EACH? They don't even have 1/2 the "content" of the dismal High Seas...

Can I have some of what they're smoking?

19. THP

THP Stratics Legend

kinda guessing they will release at $4.99 single and $7.99 both.. if they dont they gonna get sod all outta anyone....even this maybe toooo high.

20. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This was my thoughts also! Seems a fair price to me if you dont want it dont buy it!
    There is nothing there game breaking not to have

!

21. THP

THP Stratics Legend

basically we get screwed over the pond so £7= $3.5 and £11 = $ 5.5

we get used to paying twice the ****ing price in the uk

22. Tazar

Tazar Guest

We pay over here too... it's sales tax tacked on at the end instead of value-added.

23. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Your numbers are wrong

24. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I hope there's more to it than a couple of tile sets and the Magencia sale stalls...

25. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

We are supposed to get it before the end of the month and it's been in testing long enough, so I think what you see is what you get.

If it's cheap enough, I'll pick it up, but the prices I'm seeing in this thread make no sense.

26. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Im sure there are plenty of brokers out there that would love to exchange a code for gold right...

27. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, there a reason every time I click the links it just takes me to the UO homepage as opposed to the japan store?

28. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO :hahaha:

Guess it beats Oceanian players paying for something and not getting anything.

29. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

hey that's how i got high seas. ;) you make something quality for once, i might pay for it. otherwise...

30. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I see absolutly nothing with these new boosters that I want or need. I suppose if I was wanting to get a dreadmare, the pet merchant would be interesting, but I have a dreadmare and don't need another. Aside from this interesting pet exchange what is the purpose of this booster?

Why do they not fix things that need to be fixed, add in new content that people want and/or do something about client mods and speedhacks?

Great now there is new statues and I can make my own liquor..

I really do hope no one buys this crap so they will begin to do something worthwhile...I don't care if its $2 it's useless..they should be paying us for putting up with this..lol.

I found a way to cast spells while running tonight, but that's OK because now we have our own...

Advanced Training Dummy – Craftable - Will train your weapon skills to 60.

SERIOUSLY? Who was complaining that their training dummy should go to 60 skill? Did anyone even know these things actually worked skill? Has anyone even ever used one? I could go on and on .. but I think you catch my drift..

I swear whoever is running this game was told to kill UO we are sick of it..

31. THP

THP Stratics Legend

no they aint...just a comparrisson ...say u pay $4.99 in the great usa ...we then pay £9.99 ...kinda get shat on with a big stick here in europe

32. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

945 yen = 8.18 €
    1470 yen = 12,72 €

seems a fair price to me :)

33. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Shat on with a big stick?
    That's... one of the most bizarre phrases I've ever heard.

Anyway, you're wrong, insofar as there are very few cases when pricing differences like that occur.
    So, you could claim that you're not wrong because it does happen rarely, but that's like saying the blind squirrel is like a nut-finding machine from the future. It just isn't true.
    What happens more often is that the $ is replaced with a £ or a €, or the price is actually run through a semblance of actual currency conversion.
    They do not switch out the symbols, and then double the number to convert it to GBP, that is just a ridiculous assertion.

34. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Ya lets do pesos ha :lol:

35. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I am not seeing much I can't live without in this new pack. I'm still trying to get the most out of the last booster pack I bought (120 fishing, new fish pies for the buffs, new lootable liquor from the npc's boats to mention a few).

If the prices being thrown around this thread are in the ballpark, I'm not interested in buying... just giving a heads up to the EA folks.

36. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Well u can pick the bones from my posts all day long

The fact is if the packs are more than £4.99 each.... EA can shove em were the sun dont shine!!!!!

37. olduofan

olduofan Guest

so now EA has to be in-charge of the worlds currency exchange rates ?

if they say they want $15 dollars for the mini booster then what ever the exchange rate for $15 us dollars is is what they will charge im not sure what people dont understand about this if the dollar is higher or lower we all are speeding the same amount basically (other than china they have devalued their currency to help build there economy). like I said do the conversion in pesos it looks like they are spending far more but they are not.

38. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nope, just giving my opinion on pricing. If it is more than ~$5 each, then I won't be getting any.

39. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

it will be 10 for 1 or 15 for 2 by the looks of jap prices.

better yet just wait for people to find a way to dupe it then pay with gold. that way ea doesnt get anymoney at all. not like htey are spending any to fix the game.

40. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

This thread has so much math going on, and people being confused, lol.

1470 Japanese yen = 17.9334 US dollars
    1470 Japanese yen = 12.7169 euros

945 Japanese yen = 11.5286 US dollars
    945 Japanese yen = 8.1923 euros

Exchange rate changes daily, so the above might not be valid tomorrow. Anyway, if the currency translation is correct, I'd assume $9.99 for one set and $19.99 for two sets, unless they give some sort of a break. Also, none of UO Japan links work for me.

Anyway, I am surprised the packs are selling so low. I think everyone will get one at $9.99 per.

41. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

For content (if it can be called content) that is much less than an expansion, with high seas costing $15.... I'd like to hear the justification for charging any more than 1/3rd of that.

42. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Good point. But the Rustic set--distillery, planter, magincia vendors--is definitely worth $10 imo. The other set, not so much.

43. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

where as i thought the rustic set was worthless and only the gothic set added things to the game id accualy "want".

rustic:
    •Topiaries – goblin and llama – Entitled players can use clippers on a hedge and get the choice of a topiary
    •Rustic Bench- Craftable
    •Raised Garden Bed – a maintenance free garden bed to place your seeds in and walk away. No potions or daily care needed. There will be a reward giver set up in New Haven so you can get this item.
    •Distillery – Craftable - Have a drink or two and tell us what you think.
    •Board and Batten wall tiles – Housing Customization tool
    this is all worthless crap unless the flower beds grow seeds of renewal.

•Gargoyle Statues - Craftable
    •Ritual Table - Craftable
    •Chest of Sending – You can send anything in your house to the bank if the chest is locked down . There will be a reward giver set up in New Haven so you can get this item.
    •Advanced Training Dummy – Craftable - Will train your weapon skills to 60.
    •Gothic Wall Tiles – House customization tool
    everything here but chest of sending is also worthless crap, the dummy might be usefull to some.

they both get •Access to the Encampment System – Commodity Broker or Pet Broker - Additional documents will be posted to explain this feature
    which will make life easier but not truly something i desire.

44. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

the gothic window is worthy
    the flower bed is worthy

the other items like the craftables are only worthy if you cannot use them if you dont own the kit. if you can buy from someone else then they are not worthy by themselves.

in the uo codes store alot of items are $4.99 us each
    so the gothic set for $10.99 is barely worthy but not the rustic - unless you cannot use the items as bought items (uo gold)

lorddog

45. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

well it didn't seem like the gothic set has as many functional items, which is why I chose not to like it. distillery will be annoying to use because you have to steal items all the time, and that'll create a small market for the stealables. then the planters, well, who doesn't like to do nothing...and six plants a week, that's not bad. but yeah, everyone likes something different, hopefully they'll give a break for buying both ;0 (but I will only get the rustic, i don't need to train my skills to 65).

46. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone? There a special way to get to the Japanese game code store?

47. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I only have an interest in the garden bed, but I imagine only one will be included in the booster pack. Since I grow mass plants, having only one won't do me a lot of good. If they sold just the garden bed for a dollar or two, I'd buy a ton of them. :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!