1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

There is some problem communicating with Origin...

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Neutron Bomb, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Getting this error message every time I try to log in, before I get the server list. It's asking me to try again later, but always fails to get any further.

Details...

I Just used System Restore, of which UO was working beforehand.
    I am on wireless.
    I can access the web and do everything else.

Umm, UO is not being blocked AFAIK.

Also flushed the DNS cache.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd suggest to double check your firewall settings.

To quickly isolate, disable your firewall (windows firewall, any 3rd party firewall app, then test if you still have the problem). If it works fine now, check the rules.

3. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Checked and tried to no avail.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It's possible your restore screwed up the patch history.....

I'd backup my Macro's and reinstall the client and see if that works if nothing else does.

5. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

doesnt take long to reinstall classic client, i think this would be the issue as well offhand that the patcher think game is patched while the actual client does not.

it could theoreticly also be a tempoary dns issue on interweb, that will solve itself, that isnt related to your restore.

i will also mention that having a torrent app running can really mess up your connectivity to other stuff.

you may also try unplugging power from router for 10 sec, then replugging it in. to get a fresh connection. <- best advice for a dodgy connection, although this generelly only if nothing works.