1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

There is something living in my mouse hole!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rama21, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Rama21

Rama21 Guest

Not sure if I’m the first to discover this but I wanted to share what I stumbled upon last night. I was in my house goofing off and showing my bf that you can use the human JoaT to cast the Ninjitsu spell to turn into a rat or a bunny. First I turned into a bunny and I saw *Squirk* *EeeeK!* I assumed it was my bf emoting it. Then I turned into a rat and since I was standing right in front of my mouse hole I pretended to try to get into it. I saw *Squeak, squirk?* *Squeeeeeek!* then I got a message on my screen saying “Something shoves you away from the hole! It would seem it’s already occupied.” I was then moved over one tile away from where I had been standing. It was only then that I realized that it wasn’t my bf emoting the squeaks (he said he had assumed it was me), but SOMETHING LIVING IN THE MOUSE HOLE! I also got it to work with my mage polymorphed into slime. I guess the mouse hole isn’t just deco after all!!! :thumbsup:

2. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Incedently, other mouse holes exist in Britain castle...

3. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

the house mouse hole has squeeked and pushed you back out of it since it came out. no big deal, and there has been something living in it since it came out too.

The ones in brit castle tho, allow you to go through walls. Thats the difference. They are only there for Sherry the mouse to get around. It would have been neater to be able to go through the walls in our own house... but oh no.

4. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Cool! I didn't know that about the mouse holes either. Never placed one.

Whether or not its been that way from the beginning doesn't matter (but you know somebody has to point out that they knew first). Glad you got some pleasure out of the discovery... It's one of the things that makes UO cool. =)

5. So, just WHAT is the purpose of the mouse hole? Why would I want one?

And Sherry the Mouse statuette... does anyone really believe that EA will update the town crier system? Right now the town criers say, "I have no news at this time," which is what they've said for most of the last 11 years.

p.s.: Some people can change what the Town Criers say (and other emotive NPC's)

6. feath

feath Guest

you place your mouse hole on a INSIDE wall of your home. make yourself small - ie; rat. push your way in (it may take a couple of tries) and it drops you 1 floor down - so long as there isn't a wall directly under you.

7. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Beware, the H-man monster may be in there.
    Just kidding...

but, may be something will come out some day and...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

8. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If your poly, or in rat form, and walk up next to a mouse hole (mainly the ones from the ticket system) You get the *squeeeeeak* message, and it drops your character one floor below the mousehole... pending its on the 2nd floor or higher, interior wall.

9. Limlight

Limlight Guest

You can actually get into the dead zone of Stone Keeps this way.

I did that with mine and put Phillips Wooden Steeds in there as those dont ever decay for some odd reason.

10. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe it's jwilson....