1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

there's no way they're gonna be able to keep the undertaker's staff purchase only

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kojak, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

too many people are gonna ***** daily for years until they make a way to get it ingame

(that's my new year's prediction)

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

you might be right, I am not buying them anyways.

but if we are going to go down this road, why not 2 or 3 for 6$

I mean how much really does it cost to rehue/give properties to a gnarled staff?

3. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

... They're not handcrafting them... It's in the system... all buying it does is cause a code generator to send you a code, you put the code back in the system, it gives you the item... the items in the game, there's no God mode bunnies running around making arties at doom, same happens here.

4. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm fairly certain Warsong meant how long did it take a Dev to rehue and assign new properties to the item not that they were being created individually on demand.

To answer his "question" which I assume was also rhetorical, but what the heck... about 30 minutes, if that, so my guess would be that with only a few purchases from the store (US or Japan) the cost is recouped and the rest is pure profit.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You can get them in game - by buying them from the people that bought them for real money.

It's actually an effective gold-buying alternative at the moment.
    $6 for the items, and the staff/knife sell for 10mil each, for a 20mil total and you get to keep the earrings.

6. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

LOL at the thought of devs hand crafting the staffs on demand. That made me laugh.

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I believe you have to buy the items separately. The 90-charge merchant's trinket costs $5.99; the 40-charge one costs $3.60; the smuggler's edge is $5.99 and so is the undertaker's staff.

8. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've been selling both the Smuggler's Edge knives and Undertaker's Staffs steadily for 10m apiece on my vendor since they came out in the Japan store :) Besides, do you really expect to die hundreds of times in hard-to-reach places? One staff should last a year if not more.

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Seriously? :<
    I misunderstood that it was a package.
    Even so, it's better value than buying gold from a seller, and more secure, too.

I always use honour to reach monster-camped corpses.
    I can see using the staff when dying to things like the crimson dragons, which could kill you without even looking at you, but I honestly don't think I'd use it enough to warrant carrying it around.

Considering the possible scenario that you're training a new mage, so you transfer your suit from your existing mage. While training, you die, and because you didn't reinsure the suit on the new mage, it's all still on the corpse.
    Suddenly, that staff is looking really appealing.

I would like to be able to craft replicas.
    1-charge, 20 tile range or something, so as not to render the full version worthless.