1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

These BODs

Discussion in 'The United Pirates' started by Arutha of UP, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Arutha of UP

Arutha of UP Guest

Is it my imagination or is the BOD system a huge time sink? I had a GM blacksmith and decided to try and earn a few hammers/scrolls through the BOD system. It seems to me to be a really drawn out lottery type of system--and I don't see myself completing a single large BOD any time soon. I just dont seem to get the small BODs I need-and I have 4 other characters getting them every hour.

Do you guys think blacksmithing is worth the crazy amount of effort?
  2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Considering the price of powder of fort these days, there are definitely worse ways to spend your time.

But I wouldn't dream of doing a BOD.
  3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    I personally don't think it is worth the effort. However, filling BODs for powder of fortifying or low level runic hammers is not very time comsuming and should be considered, especially since the prices for these skyrocketed since Imbuing was introduced. (Before Imbuing, DC runic hammers were just thrown away or sold for 500gp, today they cost about 50,000. PoF went up from 30,000 to 80,000.) PoF and DC runics come from small BODs.

With low level tools you can craft very useful base weapons which you can imbue with low cost. For example, DC hammers can yield weapons with 30% SSI or 15% HCI, which otherwise would require 5 Relic Fragments to imbue.

You could pick up a couple of BODs a day and use the BOD Reward Calculator to check whether they yield useful rewards. I never bothered with large BODs.