1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thief Template Help

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by SirAce, Jul 15, 2008.

1. SirAce

SirAce Guest

Hi, I am making my first Theif and was wondering if anyone out there could help answer a couple of questions. My template is as follows

Anatomy 85
    Fencing 100
    Healing 100
    Hiding 100
    Ninjitsu 100
    Stealing 110
    Poisoning 100
    Stealth 100
    Tactics 70

I know this is 865 points but thats what I have with my armor and jewerly and all my resists are over 65. my questions are, Do I really need 100 poisoning or will 80 do? Will this allow me to play around in Fel. and steal in Doom? Will I be able to defend myself against a red, since I dont go looking for trouble but it seems to find me often lol.

Thanks

2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well for a mage to poison your magery + poison must equal 200 points, so while i havent played a fighter with poison I would think your still gonna need to equal the 200 points but cant confirm (dont u wish our old profession boards were back :link:).

For theiving in Doom you need a min. of 100 points at 110 your not bad but your gonna fail alot, should be ok 80% of the time but your gonna hate it if yur standing beside a high arti piece and u keep failing and someone runs up and gets it before u, 120 steal is guarantee success.

Fighting in Fel, hard to say as some char templates do well against some other templates but can have there ass handed to them by other templates. Its something you have to try and see how u do and adjust as u go with different tactics/armor/skills

3. SirAce

SirAce Guest

Thanks for the info i forgot to mention that when in ferret form i do have 120 stealing lol. And I have thought of going Mage poison just not sure on what skills for that tho.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

As for poisoning, 80 poisoning is plenty good, no matter how many fencings you have.

There was once a post on stratics from Chad Sexington with a well documented experiment about the subject, which I won't repost now(hoping the original post returns soon). But the highlight is:
    The only other advice I can give you is that it may help to drop stealth by 20 and put those points into fencing. Not being hit is a good thing, and hitting more often is a very good thing.