1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thiefs stealing faction ranks

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Maleachi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Good day dear readers!

Chances are that you will be confused when you read the title of this thread, but as you might expect, I will try to elaborate!
    Hopefully this issue has not been adressed to in any previous threads.

I am one of the faction players still left on Europa.
    The faction I play for is TB, one of perhaps 15-20 players who have chars in TB.
    What happens is the following....

As plenty others have noticed already, it is hard enough to get any faction points at all at the moment on the low populated shards, since if you're lucky you might get 1 or 2 kills in on a day and there seems to be another problem.

Be it deliberately or by accident, there are a couple of thiefs in our faction who are stealing our faction ranks! By taking sigils they get many, many points...
    The thiefs stealing the sigils dont actually play actively in factions, and the theft of sigils serves no purpose at all atm since the only places we fight over are champ spawns.

By gaining these points, the thiefs have since today, set back every active TB factioneer to rank 1!
    Where I could perfectly wear my Crimson 4 days ago with my 26 score, I have now become rank 1...

So even if the new faction item system works properly, many still cant be bothered to try factions again cause it doesnt matter if you kill a player or two.. You cant beat the thiefs anyway!

Like stated before.... Maybe one of our fellow factioneers is accidentally stealing our ranks, or maybe one of our opponents is doing this to spite us!

Let me know what you think...

Kind regards,

Maleachi

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Hmmm....maybe you could encourage the thieves in another faction to steal the sigils, rack up points, and then go kill them? Or make your own TB thief and take the sigils back to town once they're corrupted? You only need a thief to get them off the monolith and can then hand the sigil to the character that you really want to have the points, so you don't lose points doing a points transfer.

3. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I understand where you come from, but why should I have to do an extra effort, besides the killing I already do, just to keep the faction scores balanced?

There is no reason to steal sigils, so why would others steal them? There simply is no point in doing this....

The way it is designed at the moment just frustrates the faction scores... Not to mention the players!

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This will all be a moot point soon as all faction artifacts will be set to level one.

5. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

LOL. I really don't know how to respond to that statement.

*Walks off laughing.*

6. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds to me like a new battle ground and a new purpose to fight for. Of course you'll have to go where the battle is if you want to win it.

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Unless you want to farm silver all day, every day, rank is still important when purchasing the artifacts.

8. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Irrelevant?

Tis not going to be irrelevant at all... Since the price of faction artifacts is based on the rank you have.

If say, only 2 "inactive" faction players, make sure the rest of the faction have rank 1, that will bump up the price of artifacts for the rest, won't it?
    Silver isn't at all hard to get, but if you need to get 20-50k, per artifact, per month, for 4 or more characters, you'll find yourself bored with farmin silver pretty soon!

Even though I myself have or will addept my suits so I wont need faction artifacts, I see plenty who can't because they lack the funds or who won't cause they lack the time. Those are just 2 possible reasons why people can't be bothered!

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Farm the silver farmers.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  10. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Europa is going the longer, the more inactive... It's hard enough to find a faction fight.
    Why spend any time stealing sigils back and forth, cause there won't be any fights over towns.

11. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

So you're calling the two faction players who are stealing the seven sigils every three days, walking them to the base, making sure they sit there safe for 10 hours or more, and then walking them all back to the towns "inactive" faction players? Ummm...town control is pretty much what factions has always been about, since long before faction artifacts came along, and you don't get "town control" if you don't have thieves on your side who are willing to put in the time to grab the sigils, watch over them, and then take them back to the towns and keep repeating that over and over.

I understand that you're upset that the thieves are gaining rank on you, but why is that so? Because they're putting in the time to make it happen. Maybe you guys need to join a different faction and kill the TB thieves if it's bothering you so much. Your faction wouldn't need to have thieves, just thief-killers.

Gha'val and kelmo like this.
  12. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Have you looked at the silver cost between the ranks. Its a very valid point that thiefs on a dead shard are farming points via sigels when the pvpers cant possibly get enough to offset it due to inactivity.

13. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Would bringing back the "faction leaderboard" on the uo.com site help any so you know who has the most kill points?

14. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If it would be working! ^^

15. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We have this same issue on LS. Our problem is that a guild we fight against in SL added a thief to another account and went CoM where we are. He obtained rank by farming points and has since ran for commanding lord then got it by of course using other accounts to get the vote. Now heres our problem, all of us are now rank 1 while having 20+ points but cant get a character to even run now because we dont have rank. Meanwhile the thief has set the tilth to 100% to the faction therefor screwing us from farming silver. We're essentially locked out completely.

16. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

17. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thx Tina, I understand how it works. Ive played the game from day one and have been in factions the entire time.

My point is, that with thieves getting 10 points every time they corrupt and place the sigil on the Monolith they are obtaining so many points that its forcing other members of the faction to low ranks. Thats fine. However, when its someone from the enemy faction doing it on second, third, etc accounts then changing the rate to 100% to faction then its an issue.

18. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Do you think it will get any better when you start getting more kill points for faction kills with this next publish? I think the points awarded are supposed to be based on the victim's rank:
    • Ranks 1 - 3 are worth 4 points.
    • Ranks 4 - 6 are worth 8 points.
    • Ranks 7 - 9 are worth 12 points.
    • Rank 10 is worth 16 points.

19. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Steal the sigs first and guard them. Kill the thieves. That's factions.

Though, as a long-time faction thief, I'll be the first to say that thieves getting KILL points for sigs is absolutely ludicrous. A lot of us were against the change.... but they never did heed our warnings when it came to faction changes, did they?

20. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

so the OP and his TB friends spy on champ spawns, in order to get a fight...
    Now it seems that you have to spy on sigils as well...

Faction is about capturing sigils, holding towns..etc etc..
    It has never had anything to do with champ spawns...

I'm so sorry, but I don't really see the problem...Except that your'e lazy..
    chop chop go work for it :)

21. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Shh, Draconi is a saint, all of his changes were amazing to factions!.........

Anyways, I agree with your post. Isnt it a novel idea to ask someone to actually PLAY factions?

22. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

*cough*thieves*cough*...la

23. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

1. Work stealing to GM
    2. Soulstone stealing onto your faction character
    3. Steal sigils
    4. Profit

24. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

You only need 80 stealing to steal sigils.

25. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Agreed. Hopefully some good lessons were learned by all out of the experience and maybe someday the developers will actually take the time to sit down with players and hash out some new systems/content to satisfy everyone that's tried to be involved in factions in the last couple of years.