1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thieves' Convention

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Shinobi, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

I see all the plans for the rares festivals, and I think of how tight it would be if we could have an occasional "meeting of the minds". We could have all the GMs of UO's thief guilds, as well as their members and loners alike, meet up and collaborate. Afterwards, plenty of mass-robbings could ensue.

During the span of this convention, thieves could set up vendors to sell their stolen goods for cheap, allowing the community to enjoy the deals only thieves can provide.

What do you think? A convention every few months would be interesting. Also, any other ideas for the convention are welcome.

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would be down.

That being said. It would need to be on a shard a good number of us already play.

We need to decide, tram or fel or both, where to do it?

3. Eddie123

Eddie123 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I would log on my thief for that!!!

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It'd be kinda cool, though to be fair you'd have to look at setting up a circuit and traveling to different shards, maybe look at a quarterly convention and at the end of each one people who come could send in nominations for the next shard then we do a vote here. No one shard gets hit more than once a year to keep it fair and balanced.

You guys should also look for reps from each shard to be a contact on that shard... like On Chessy I could provide a place for newb toons to train at (My Fel house I keep items for thief training in), and a place for people to sell stolen loot (My house in Luna) for example... See if you can find people interested in helping that can do the same on other shards...

5. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I can help on atlantic
    Fel keep and 3 luna houses

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

*Puts up "No Trespassing" Signs*
    *Double-checks all Secures*
    *Double-checks Insurance*

7. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm up for it. Any shard works. :thumbsup:

Edit: ^ What Nexus said ^

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have a castle on siege if you want to swing by here while making the rounds.

9. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If I could ever actually get good at being a thief i would

10. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I think this is a great idea! I appreciate a true thief who sticks to the Thief's Code. I would support an event like this.

I think it is a great community opprotunity.

*Follows Tazar's example*