1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thieves in UO

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheScoundrelRico, Mar 25, 2015.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I am curious.

So I know a lot of the readers of Stratics stay as far away from Felucca as you can, but I know as someone who has played in a Fel ruleset for the majority of my UO career, it's never been somewhere I kept from.

What I am interested in knowing is...

When was the last time you had an item stolen out of your pack by a thief in UO?

I'm also curious to know the situation and if you spend much time in Fel where you can even be stolen from. I would imagine those who only live in the Trammel facets may run into a thief who has infiltrated their guild or when visiting Fel for an event or Champ Spawn....but I don't know.

So what say you? When was the last time and what were the last things you remember having been stolen out of your pack?...la

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

There is / was a guy on Atlantic called "Hidden" he would often steal bandages from my pack. Was going back a few months ago. I think a guy called "Pomper" also might of had a couple of power scrolls from my pack after a spawn before but again nothing of really high value.

I have the thief skills trained up, I did the rounds stealing from dungeons but this wasn't very fun. Stealing, snooping etc are now just on my soulstones and I've not used them for ages.

I enjoy reading the stories on UOThief (including yours Rico) but not seen any new ones for ages.

3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Last time a thief took something from my bag was one piece of gold I was using as part of a brokering deal at someones house in felucca about 9 months ago....yes....the guy was actually so bored he wanted to steal one gold piece lol.

Other than that a thief has not taken something from my bag in probably 3-4 years which was just pvp stuff like potions. Mainly because I don't carry anything in my bag, just a blessed runebook, blessed chivalry book, insured junk axe to chop stuff in house with, and blessed interior decorating tool.

4. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So long ago I can't even remember.

Also I don't carry much that can be stolen. (spellbook, runebook, newbie dagger,and newbie scissors). After 17 plus years now, I don't think there is anything in game I'd even care if it was stolen! Actually you would be doing me a favor getting rid of some of the stuff!

5. AtlanticRealtor

AtlanticRealtor ICQ 647752375
    REALTOR

I miss those days so bad...
    camping naked on fel bucs gate.. and just steal and run...

Or even better...disarm and steal those silver vanquish katana and run for your life...they ruined the most funny and annoying template

Nurse Miss Maude likes this.
  6. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sometime last year, I'd have Minax drops yoinked out of my pack in Blackthorn. That didn't bother me anywhere near as much as not being able to kill the guy though. I did on occasion (one time even doing it in guardzone, but as I remember, you can't guardwhack people on a thief), but most of the time he'd just hightail it out of there.

7. Deraj

Deraj Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a few minax items stolen during the minax town invasions (pre-BT dungeon). At one point a thief chased me all the way to the bank trying to take one but I managed to save it.

8. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Many many years ago. It was a Supremely Accurate Broadsword of Vanquishing. I had to buy it back from the thief via UO-Auction for the princely sum of 50,000 gold. Outrageous.

9. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

whatever you stole from me yesterday, today, tomorrow . . .

10. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

I regularly mine in Fel... call me old fashioned but I totally luv mining in Fel.

A theif did take ingots I had, and followed my miner for a while. He would steal but then drop the stuff - like he was teasing me or something. Sadly, my miner is a pacifist - doesn't even have wrestling - so the best she could do is wag a finger at the theif.

don't remember his name... and that was about 6 or 7 years ago on Napa. *sigh*

11. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When VvV first came out...there was a thief that would steal the bandages/pots out of your back pack on Catskills. It was fun to hunt him down and try to kill him to get your stuff back.

12. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

I havent had an encounter with a thief in UO since 2000. To be honest Since then i havent found much use for one. They pretty much ruined the game play for a thief with Trammel and insurance. I see some at VvV stuff here and there, but they are pretty much playing an entirely different game at those. They steal the sigils and we fight for alters, there is no need for interaction with them.

13. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

And thus why I play on Siege...la

Scribbles likes this.
  14. Melchiah

Melchiah Journeyman

As a player on Europa who like others, collects resources and mines in Fel, it's been a long time since I've had anything stolen at all...

Even more depressing is that my thief, who used to be one of my favourite chats for champ hunts, Bucs Den, and then Yew, is resorted to being a bank-sitting crate! Last thing he stole from someone else? Brandies or pots I'd guess...

15. Victim of Siege

why do you insist on this whole "there are thieves on Siege" thing?? you know they don't exist!

#15 Victim of Siege, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Pignasty and Scribbles like this.
  16. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'll argue that one <laughs>. Recently lost a Crystal Portal. Still would love to know where in the moving crate/placed/locked down with macro/set for anyone security process he nabbed it considering the silly things are blessed. Had it on vendor search a while later for 4 1/2 million. Nice haul.

17. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I still think for prod shards they need to make thief able to steal from players bags... If insured you get the amount of insurance money X 5... Taken from targets bank... And put onto the thiefs bag.in gold or cursed check form.

At least than even with insurance a thief could make a living.

Odin of LS likes this.
  18. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

There's nothing left to steal. Everything is blessed or insured. And the opportunities to steal unblessed items are limited to scissors and and a handful of resources.

The thief is no longer a threat. We're just an inconvenience.

19. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

And you find enough people on Siege to steal from to keep it interesting? I played a thief on on Atlantic and Siege prior to insurance on production shard, and then the population on Siege dropped off. Would like to go all klepto on Nurse, but stealing only from monsters would get a little boring.

20. Victim of Siege

21. The Predator

The Predator Journeyman

Nurse Miss Maude likes this.