1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about making a return...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Chimera, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Chimera

Chimera Visitor

So I have done the WoW thing.... I've been dividing my time recently between Aion and Guildwars2 but lately they have not been doing anything for me. I have been feeling nostalgic for the old days and the community Siege used to have and the enemies we loved to hate...

I've peeked at the boards a few times and seen some names from the past... So tell me what is Siege like these days? is it worth coming back? is the enhanced client better then the classic? are there active guilds and people that actually play together?

as I let MrHappy have all my accounts when decided to leave for good I'd be starting from scratch no more Inari, no Jessie no Chimera... omg the thought of working up all those skills again and no soul stones..... ouch

2. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Well, I'm probably not the best one to give you a Siege "sage's" opinion - since I've only been here about a month or so myself - but I've played actively for almost 15 years now and have created 4 chars here on my 4 active accounts. This was after reading some posts by FrejaSP here and on UHall - that really made me feel like Siege was more than 13yr old pk's... So I took the leap.

Turns out, it's the best decision that I've made in a long time. Siege does have it's share of hardcore pk types, but way beyond that are the communities of dedicated, helpful and overly generous people like NEW2 (for amazing newbie help) and GIL (my new Guild).

So if you're looking for community, then you've come to the right place... Welcome! ;)

#2 startle, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just roll with it and give it a shot again. Between the NEW2 guild and whomever else ya hook up with, it's not that big of a deal to get started again. Give a shout in chat or on the forums here.

Jack Nickelson

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome back. If you are starting over on a new account, ask for a NEW2 leader in gen chat. NEW2 will give you a month to grow, without to much trouble with PK's and thieves and we will help with advices and basic items.

5. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

A handful of us from TNT came back a couple months ago and its been fun! Lots of new faces around! There have been some interesting and fun changes, additions and new content added. There is a lot to learn, but its a nice combination of freshness and nostalgia at the same time. The really good news for you is that the RoT caps have been completely removed and the timers have been adjusted nicely. Soulstones can be purchased and there is no longer a timer on them so you will only need 1 extra to swap skills out.

Any chance of getting an account or two from MrHappy? If MrHappy and Happy are the same person, I may know how to get in touch w/him.

startle likes this.
  6. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

One of the names I have overheard at the fireplace when tales from the past were told.
    It would be an honor to meet you in the field.....
    .....On whatever side that might be!

startle likes this.
  7. Chimera

Chimera Visitor

Kat, I'm not sure if mr Happy and happy are the same or not mrhappy was one of the original VMP players and one of the first to join Ibichi and I when we left WAKA and started B^G I remember he and his wife Honey both use to have on the road not too far out the west bridge of Umbra...

Wolf... to tell the truth at first he was Blue for the longest time and went red in defense of friends... but as time went by he enjoyed the challenges...

#7 Chimera, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Chim - Prostkr is the name I have for him on ICQ. Same person?

9. Chimera

Chimera Visitor

That seems to ring a bell... tell the truth if I had even thought of ICQ I probably could have downloaded it and gotten access to my old account ... I believe that is him yes

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Try contacting him. Its worth a shot. I haven sent him a message, but he doesn't appear to be online. Not sure if he even uses ICQ anymore, but I'll keep an eye out for him to respond. Last time I spoke to him, he was a GM on a free shard, but it seems to be defunct now.

11. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dear Chimera,

I still hate you.

The end.

Chimera likes this.
  12. Chimera

Chimera Visitor

Aww Sakie, I'm touched... coming from most anyone else I'd be hurt or at least pretend to be... but from you I'll take it as a compliment... *hugs*

Blaeke likes this.
  13. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

14. Amaranthine Embrace

Ahh Forsaken he only ages and never matures. Still a man-child. Not much changes.

#14 Amaranthine Embrace, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013