1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of coming back. Have a few questions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Antmf712, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey guys, I haven't played in a few years ans was thinking about coming back due to me loving sandbox MMO's and UO was great when I played it way back in the day, but I have a few questions.

1- What server is best for US East Coast Time?
    2- How is the UI now. Is it still all macros etc?
    3- HOw is the grind? Is it still a tough grind?
    4- Is the pvp still fun?
    5- And last but not least is it still fun after all these years?

P.S. I had all expansions up to the High Seas, I do not remember buying that but when I go to my acct. management screen it shows that all exp. including High Seas are enabled. Does that mean I have it or I still have to buy it> And how do I see for sure which exp I have? Thanks all...

2. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh and 1 more thing :) Enhanced UI or classic?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You have it

#3 Storm, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Tamais and Lord Frodo like this.
  4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Try them both and see what you like the graphics are different and the customizing is more advanced in EC depends on what you like I would suggest trying EC first for a while and if you do not like it go back to CC

Lord Kotan and DJAd like this.
  5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Have you managed to get your account re-activated as this alone is bit of a mission and seems to confuse a lot of people. The new account management is not the best thing out there by a long shot. If you are having issues re-activating check out THIS.

As for your questions:

1- What server is best for US East Coast Time? Atlantic is the most populated i'd say. - Login to a few servers first and see what you like.

2- How is the UI now. Is it still all macros etc? You can make macros easily using the new client. There is also Pinco UI which adds ALOT of extra features. You can also still use the old "classic client" and run UOAssist.

3- HOw is the grind? Is it still a tough grind? Depends on what you are doing. Alot of casting based skills can be eaily trained using macros.

4- Is the pvp still fun? Yes. Some shards more active than others though.

5- And last but not least is it still fun after all these years? Very much so

Lord Frodo likes this.
  6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

That's down to personal choice. I have them both installed and switch between them depending on what I'm doing.

Give them both a try is the only way to findout what works best for you.

Tamais and Lord Frodo like this.
  7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

And keep coming in here for advice from us old addicts.... :rolleyes:

#7 startle, Dec 17, 2013
    Storm, DJAd and Lord Frodo like this.
  8. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

1. Depends how many people you like to deal with. Atlantic is by far the most populated but to some it can be too much, in and out of pvp. Tons of Pvp. There are other good East coast shards though, but none even have half the population of ATL. I play and pvp on Lake Superior, decent amount of ppl but still pretty low pop. Pvp is sporadic though, but definately around. Great Lakes is where we go to find pvp more regularly, and they seem to have a slightly more active shard. I've seen some pvp on Catskills, but not too sure otherwise. Also, people are starting to go back to Siege (No insurance) and play there too.

3. Most stuff isnt too bad. There's workarounds and tricks for alot of it to go faster.
    4. Yep. Best in any game. :)
    5. Yep, can always find something to do in this game.

P.S if it says enabled, you have it.

#8 Lord X, Dec 17, 2013
    Lord Frodo and startle like this.
  9. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

If you like the concept of actually getting to know your foes and your friends, do what this 14 year vet of Pacific did - come to Siege.... You'll be glad you did.

Siege Perilous - It's like Cheers - everybody knows your name......:cool:

#9 startle, Dec 17, 2013