1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of coming back to UO!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by MadTaco, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadTaco

MadTaco Guest

Hey Siegers,

A few friends and I are considering coming back to the OSI servers. Siege is the only option for us, because item insurance and Trammel rulesets are a dealbreaker, and unacceptable for our playstyles.

The FAQ thread was very helpful, and I have just a few questions if someone would be kind enough to take a minute to answer them -

Are there any other official servers with Siege rulesets?

How many players are on Siege Perilous currently?

Are new characters like ours relatively common on Siege, or is it mainly made up of a dedicated core of players, much like it was several years ago?

What's the housing situation like?

Thanks for your time,

MadTaco

2. Goron

Goron Guest

I think Mugen (sp?) is the same as Siege... kinda... but that is the Asian shard.
    Thats the magic question. I am pretty sure I can say "not enough" and people will not disagree with me.
    It is a lower population server...

There are always new people. Most of them don't last and run back to a production shard within a month. Some of them do last- but end up being stuck in RoT for a couple of months (and of those, several still run away to a produ shard once they 'actually' start playing and see how different it is).
    SOme people skip the new character phase by buying an account...

I bet you can find a keep spot if you look hard enough... You'll settle for an 18x18? you won't need to look farther than 10 screens from any town for that:-(

3. LanX

LanX Guest

yes, one asian one, forgot the name of it....Mugen i think? Its a little different from Siege though.
    never had a problem with housing on Siege....ever
    at this point in siege's history, its mostly seasoned players...but there are always more than few newbies around =)

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you take the current guild list of NEW as a rough guide, there are 10 veteran members and 21 training. Not all training chars are in NEW of course, and not all players post here.

5. MadTaco

MadTaco Guest

Thanks for the replies guys. One more quick question if anyone knows - a friend of mine just used the 14-day free trial program, but he can't see Siege or Mugen. Any ideas, or is this part of the 14-day trial restricting him to only seeing production servers? He's emailed EA and is waiting for their response.

Thanks -

MadTaco

6. Petra Fyde

He'll need to renounce 'young' status. While we do have newbies here, we don't have 'youngs'.

7. High Times

High Times Guest

I first played UO when I was just a teenager and I quit right before t2a out, and so one day about 6 months ago I get that damn itch, that burning desire (aka boredem) to play some uo. So I read a lil bit up on the game and see what the changes are, and I log in to my old home Chessy. Place sucked big time, getting my skills to gm was nothing, but i couldnt afford anything close to 120 scroll, for that matter everything was ridiculously priced, So pvping was out, almost any new creature could kill me in a second, one of favorite charaters to play, the thief, was completely nerfed. So i played about 1 month, mainly a mule, which again with insurance is almost totally useless, and then I quit. Stayed away for about 4 months and decided I'd try again. So I went for Siege, and I can tell you I'll never go back to a prodo shard. I've rediscovered the joy of playing the game. I've had a great time pvming with GiL and NEW has been great at helping me train my skills and even though they havent got me yet (i feel this might change soon now) I hope to have a good time dieing horribly to some KoC. It is tough to raise skills if your expecting a prodo shard, but honestly i think its better that way, you cant macro a super chara overnight. And that way i should be able to kill the newbs younger then me :lick: So in ending I would say if your looking for the best shard left in uo, you've found it.

Cya all around,
    High Times

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

The people above have answered your questions accuratly, I would like to give you a heads up on another issue you need to be aware of,

There are two major guilds on siege and a handful of others moderatly sized...

The two major guilds are

KoC--where PvP is number one

TnT--Not sure exactly, mainly numbers

Gil--Not much on the PvP just yet, but heavy spawners and a Good group of folks, as with alot of other guilds also.

The reason why im saying this is, because the guild you choose can decide your Siege destiny, I am currently holding the Tag of GM of KoC above my name, but we are a more player ran guild, some groups only make excuses constantly for there defeats, and focus all there energy on that, and in the wake of that playstyle a group like KoC will no longer recruit people that get sucked into that mindset, and hence there forced into a vacumn, they come to relize there in a guild that doesnt want to get any better and only make's excuses, so they wanna leave to get with a guild that can help and improve there skills, but now they cant, cause the recruitment doors are closed because they have activley participated in the defeatest mindset. Thats when frustration sets in...

So if your a hardcore PvP group, and are looking for that? you will know who to look for

if your a social player just out to have fun pvping, but lack the want or know how and look for supirior "numbers" advantage on the field, you will know who you need to find

if your looking for crafting or spawning only and Roleplay type of stuff, you will know who you need to find...

Just play for a bit and it will jump right out at ya, just give it a little time and be patient, hang in there and siege is a good place

just be careful who you link up with thats all....:thumbsup:

9. MadTaco

MadTaco Guest

Nice amount of information in this thread now. Thanks for the info about the young status and the various guilds. I logged onto my old thief on Siege and played around for a while, and saw a bunch of KoC and TnT, just like you said. Also found another thief that gave me some good advice and such.

All in all, I'm going to remake an entirely new character from scratch and get back into UO through Siege Perilous.

Hope to see some of you in-game.

Best regards,

MadTaco

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Glad to have you aboard. *tips hat*

11. Vo0do0

Vo0do0 Guest

Greetings Mad Taco,

I saw your post and thought I'd chime in as well. It's always nice to see seasoned vets come back. Unfortunately, Ultima Online has been having some latency issues with their servers on my end as a few others as well. So I haven't been playing recently, except for the logging in ventrillo and seeing whats up with the guild mates.

We do need a challenge on this shard however since it seems like the only challenge we face is against 1 guild that mass up in numbers + super dragons. If your not familiar with Super Dragons, you soon will be. I have a tamer that I log on every now and again when I find that the numbers are against me. You will most likely see me playing on VooDoo, my mage, unless of course the odds are against us. Looking forward to our encounters.

Love,

VooDoo

If anyone is reading this, can you tell me who owns the Bossy Barn right outside Dispise? That brought back a nostalgic feeling back when Siege first came out!

12. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had to just quickly chime in here. KOC is pretty good at PvP, I give props where they are due. But they are not the only PvP guild out there, and TnT does a good job against them.

Now, the next post is SURE to be a KOC bashing TnT for not fighting unless we have 5 to 1 odds, and super dragons to back it up.

They cannot count. They all drink the KOC coolaid, and I think it affects all of their math skills about the same. Remember that other cult that made his followers drink the coolaid? Mmmmm, yummy.

Now, I apologize...for I probably just turned this thread into another KOC IS BETTER THAN TNT - NO YOUR NOT - YES WE ARE thread. But I just wanted to let you know there are other opinions out there than the ones expressed by Elmer.

Furthermore, I can tell you the people in vent with me right now, are some of the nicest LEVEL HEADED people I have had the pleasure to play with. I can tell you with 100% certainty (because I know who is in the other vent) that is not the case with KOC. So, if you like yelling and screaming when you die and blaming the whole world except for you for your death...then KOC is the place for you....if you are not that type and do not want to be around that type, then you probably will not find KOC an enjoyable environment.

13. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just wow Amanda.

14. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

QFT...ohh wait, you're not TnT. think you're playing for the wrong team with that one...

15. Vo0do0

Vo0do0 Guest

Amanda is actually a guy, but he's living up to his name. This forum is notorious for people who die and want to re-match their losses by posting threads and trying to board PVP. Which is why we have our moderators such as Kelmo and other who are the refs. Some refs favor other players by being more lenient towards their actions / comments. Regardless, I like being apart of the winning team, who doesn't? And KoC is where us winners combine together. No wonder why JSV quit. Yes, they are good hearted people, but they don't want to work on their field fighting techniques but yet they risk dieing in the process to become better at it. I have noticed that when I fight TNT they do not do this. They will rush you and have guys hidden / stealthed, waiting to pop you at the most inopportune moment. Yeah, it happens on our side sometimes, but we don't solely focus on them dropping anyone that way, cause that's not how its done. And once you take out like 2 or 3 of them after facing 8 or 9 of em... They will accuse you of using exploits / hacks which I never use and having this account for 10 years will prove that.

And for the records, we don't scream anymore when we die, cause we just don't die anymore. End of story. Why? Because we are no longer on a team with bone heads.

16. Mystikal GIL

Mystikal GIL Guest

way to confuse and mess up the new guys thread.

17. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What has happened in this thread is the only thing I do not like about Siege..

I wish peps would just play the game!

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

And for the records, we don't scream anymore when we die, cause we just don't die anymore. End of story. Why? Because we are no longer on a team with bone heads.

So are you implying when you guys do die you have those problems? :yell: :scholar:

God forbid someone in.... bah nm

ps who were the boneheads you are speaking of, I havnt seen many people quit k0c since you've been a part of it.

19. Goron

Goron Guest

thats funny, why is it that Speedy and Kage (two k0c members) are the only two people that start board pvp threads? lol
    fail?:next:

20. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Agreed

21. MadTaco

MadTaco Guest

Good ol' UO :)

I'm sure noticing the latency issues...though truthfully, it's my dial-up. I'm afraid the game is now to a more demanding level and my archaic connection can't keep up. One of the drawbacks of living in the deep Missouri forest.

MadTaco

22. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Whats funny Amanda,

One--> I didnt say anything about TnT other than they had numbers, is that a lie? or do you guys have the most numbers of any guild on siege? pure numbers? is that a lie? I dont know what your guild dynamics are, I dont know if you guys are more into spawning then PvP or what, so thats why I said "I dont know there mainly numbers" as much as Im unaware of TnT's dynamics in and outta vent,

Two--> you cant speak for our dynamics in our vent, are you actually saying you know what is said in our vent? do you actually have access to our vent? I didnt think you did, so how can you possibly know......How? when your not in our vent? you cant! so please dont speak of what you know nothing about!

Three -->I didnt say anything about TnT not having good people in it, I for one know your a good guy as well as many others, so I have no idea what your going off about, Im letting that guy figure it out on his own. Do you guys have something your trying hide or defend?

Four--> I did give him options with other guilds as you say I didnt, read my post again, I told him there are guilds that PvP/Pvm im just not going to speak to heavy on an issue of what guilds do what. or say in there vent, or if they Role play or spawn, i will keep it general, because im not a member of those guilds, Ill let them speak for themselves, and I sure wont imply that I know the inner workings of a guild im not even affiliated with, but I guess you have super human powers that im unaware of...just let him go out into the field and make his own conclusion........based on fact, not fiction

Five---> if you personally feel the need to bash us as a guild at every chance go ahead, we understand the reasons, you dont need to bring it to this poor guys thread. Let him make his own choices, and see things for himself, theres alot of good people and guilds out there including ours, im simply telling him of our policy's, we like the winner type of attitude thats all, if we feel somoene has a faster connection, we dont cry about it, we just try and improve our skills, its a different mindset thats all.....try and have some fun out there amanda its only a game

:coco:

23. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I live in the deep Missouri forest too.. I'm assuming you can't get cable, but you can get DSL if you cut a few trees down.
    [edit] Latency has been a problem for almost everyone over the past 3 weeks. Don't blame your connection just yet.[/edit]

24. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Welcome to SP!! I have latency issues too. My grandkids call it old age. But I still love it here. Watch for non-fighting intense events put on by GIL and the RP Circle. Practice PKing us farmers or join a guild. There is stil stuff to do!

25. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Elmer, I was only trying to give some balance to this thread to offset the obviously pro KOC post that you made. I made no anti-KOC comments other than 2. Which I can backup.

1. You guys always claim we have superior numbers. I and the others people I fight with whole heartedly dispute that. You guys do not even come out of your house unless you have numbers. We can sit here and disagree with this all day long. It will never get solved or agreed upon. But I was trying to be marginally funny by saying you all drank the same coolaid that affected your math. Fail I guess.

2. I made comments about the condition of your vent. I know for a fact that VooDoo and CountLove are in your vent. I also know that they are the two loudest most arrogant people I have ever had the misfortune of having to listen to. If you manage to control their "passion" in vent, then great...you have done what nobody else has been able to do. I know from your own voice on the phone that you have had to have some conversations with them regarding their vent behavior, so don't try to tell me otherwise.

I am sure a vast majority of the people in KOC are fun to be around, and are fun in vent. I was only speaking really to the 2 people that I know have historical records of being a pain.

@VooDoo: "Amanda is actually a guy, but he's living up to his name. "

I don't even have any idea what you mean by that...really. No Clue. Yes, I am a guy...that has been pretty common knowledge for a long time now. Never really tried to hide it. Pretty tough to hide who you are when your in vent. I am also short, bald, and have a wife and 5 kids. Would you like to know anything else?

26. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

To stop this right now, how Bout we solve the issue, You guys grab your best five and we will grab our best five and setltle it, That should solve this issue plain and simple, by telling us that WE NEED larger numbers against you guys is a lie, WE DONT NEED THEM! have we had numbers before... Yes, have you guys had larger numbers against us... Yes, You guys Need them....WE DONT....Bar the crazy kinda odds, were not stupid.

What we are talking about is, when its like a 6 TnT vrs 4 KoC or round about those kinda numbers, we might risk it because we actually have a chance, will we come out on top? not sure, but we will try more often then not, because we know we have a chance.... I ask?? have you guys done the same?
    NO--and what I mean by this is, you guys have people that will fight outnumberd against us every now and then, but with the pool of ability you must draw from, you guys stand no chance, its suicide, now you may not like to hear that, but its the truth no one from your end ever wants to admit or talk about that, because you would have to address theres a major lack of Ability at your end..... am I saying theres no ability...NO, im saying over all compared to us.....YES.... and remember "Denial isnt a River in Egypt"

So if you guys can compete at our level of gameplay, it shouldnt be any trouble for you to bring your best five and we will do the same and decide it once and for all.......Will you guys do that?? absolutly not, because that will put the meat and potatoes right on the table and everyone will see the truth for what it is...and we all know the pony you guys ride is the "Faster Connection Pony" thats YOUR EXCUSE FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Trust me...we all have people in our guilds that have really fast connections, you wont hear us riding that excuse pony, via the post I made earlier, we dont like that mindset, loosers think that way and we and the Shard KNOW ...KoC arnt loosers,

Have fun out there and be safe.

27. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well said rob. now Amanda Shade put ya best 5 up or STFU:yell:

28. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ah the smell of morning dew and forum PvP.

29. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hey rob did Amanda Shade icq you about the 5v5 yet?:sleep2:

30. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

They don't even win 2v5s, let alone a 5v5. :coco:

31. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

1. It is not my place to schedule anything.
    2. I never said you guys could not PvP. Odds are in a best of 5v5 you guys would win. Super fast connections have something to do with that, but not all. I already said you guys could PvP, don't make me say it again.

3. I notice you conspicously dropped the comments I made about vent, because you know as well as I do who you have in there.

4. I never said you guys sucked. I simply said we didn't either. We have a bunch of talented players who are very level headed and love to have fun in this game. Do we always come out on top...nope. But when we lose I would SOOO much prefer to be in my vent than to be in any vent with a couple of your players. (This is not a general bash on your vent, only a couple of players that I DO have direct experience with and that many people would back up are complete ass'es).

The whole reason for my original post was to let the people who started this thread know that there are options out there. You say that is what you did, but anyone who can read, can see that there was a pro KOC bias to your post. Which BTW, I would expect since you are the GM. I am just expressing my pleasure with fighting with my currrent mates in TNT/MYTH.

You all can flame and post as you like. I am done with this one...

32. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I flame the fact that you were non-existent on these forums unless you lost something (a bow, lol) etc-and now that you're TnT, you're all about the board PvP, whether you think you're doing it or not. :loser:

33. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dang It! I hate when I have to go back on my word...but you switched topics on me.

So just one more.

First, thank you again Haha for giving my bow back. Still very classy of you.

Second, I do not think what I am doing is necessarily board PvP. I have not made any comments saying "i am better than you, so go fail more" not my style. I was only pointing out another opinion.

Third, I was involved on these boards as much as I deemed necessary since my my return to UO. Just because I am not a board warrior, does not mean I was "non-existent on these forums " before I joined TnT. I posted enough that most people knew who I was and the quality of my character. The fact that you do not think I am a worthy board warrior, I will take as a compliment; whether you meant it that way or not is irrelevant to me.

Good day.

34. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

So now that you have agreed with everything ive said in my first post, whats the point of all the confusion, and they arnt bad in vent btw, all of us get upset about loosing suits sometimes, its harder work now to put one together,

now you have a good day also

P.s
    i will give you this Amanda, I aprriciate you discussing things like an adult, and being respectful, that is definatly noted, its refreshing to have a debate without getting ugly all the time

35. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

It's not about, "I'm better then you..", but keep up the worthy efforts. Post history is a wonderful thing. . .

As for irrelevant, you have that covered. :lick:

36. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am SOOO glad you brought up post history...since I have been in TnT about 3-4 weeks now, and have posted maybe 10-15 times. That means that the vast majority of my posts were before my days in TnT.

And my goal is not to be relevant in this game. My life is worth much more than that. If I was relevant to this game, and irrelevant to the character of my 4 boys and new baby girl what a failure I would truly be.

If I was relevant to this game, and irrelevant to the happiness and contentment that I can bring to my wife, what a waste of a life.

And finally, if I was relevant to this game, and irrelevant to the plans my God has layed before me, how sad, how truly unbearably sad that would be.

I was for the record, not calling you irrelevant. I was only saying that my ambition is not to be seen worthy in game, or on this board by your or anyone else.

37. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

When all else fails, be the typical TnT, try to make it a real life point of view. :loser: But, please do continue missing the point in your posting behavior since you've been TnT.

In the words of well, you:
    :grouphug:

38. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That is not the TnT coming out in me...it is ME coming out of me. I have not changed, and have no plans to do so.

39. Vo0do0

Vo0do0 Guest

Wow Amanda,

Nice autobiography. Too bad no one cares for it. You have been in TnT longer then 3 or 4 weeks sir, don't lie and make up excuses why your PvP isn't getting any better. I'm wondering if you died recently and tried to bring any TNT members to your body when we have 8 or more on looting you dry. Well if not, they need to be weary of those kind of actions coming from ya.

40. Petra Fyde

I think this post has been hijacked long enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.