1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Drax-GVA, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Drax-GVA

Drax-GVA Guest

I've been away from UO for about 2 years (maybe 3). I'm searching the boards for what's new in that time (I quit before the change to the enhanced client and gargoyles).

I'd LIKE to play with what I have without buying any more expansions. Can I?

I'd LIKE to be competitive in PvP with what I have (just about any template available at that time). Can I?

I've read about some new items. Is there some resource which tells me what is available?

I've read about some new item properties. Is there some resource which tells me what all the current item properties are, how to obtain them (or craft them) and what they do?

I've read about some new crafting ability called "imbuing." I can't find a resource which fully explains that skill. Is there some resource which fully explains it?

I'm sure that some (most/all) of these questions are answerable on Stratics. Unfortunately, I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

If you're coming back, you want the latest expansion. It's the best pne they've ever had. Even for PvP, there's new places designed for that.

3. You want SA.
    You can imbue items and compete in PvP now without a gizzillion gold.

4. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

all of your questions can be answered in the stygian abyss forum, pretty much all your questions are related to stygian abyss items/skills/resources so without upgrading to the new expansion ya cant use em i dont believe! i could be wrong about some of the items though

5. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Log and and check out peps suits/weps and you will quickly see what imbuing does!

The fact that you can imube over 90 skill points on a jewl set now really mean you can play whatever template you can think up!

6. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Besides stratics, you can also check out uoguide.com.

Between them and stratics, I can find most of the information I need/want.

I was just at Dunkin Donuts and took a vote. Everyone agreed that you should come back. 90% said that you should come to the Chessy shard. The other 10% said siege, but that was a couple of guys in a foul mood pbecause of the long line.

If you do come to Chessy, give me a yell. I don;t have a lot, but I will help with whatever I can if you need it.

7. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Well, to be fair, those two guys couldn't have had their coffee yet.

8. insanepete

insanepete Guest

go to siege thats where all the fun is at if you dont like insurance

9. Drax-GVA

Drax-GVA Guest

Thanks for the help! I'll browse that forum and see what I can find out!

10. Pwny

Pwny Visitor

Yes, you can easily imbue 90 skillpoints on jewels but your whole suits going to be garbage...