1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

THinking of returning after a long time

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Karma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Karma

Karma Guest

I came from the great lakes server originally and had quit after the AoS was put into the game. I have tried a bunch of other online games and they never really been as fun as Ultima Online when I 1st played years ago.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, Im looking for an account for a reasonable price. Im looking to try out a thief character, is it viable at all on Siege? Well if anyone can help me out with a VET thief account please PM me.

You can also reach me on ICQ 470218724

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Guess you are not Karma who was playing Siege :(

3. Karma

Karma Guest

Nope, I am Karma from Great Lakes. So is there anyone out there who could give me a little info on thieving on Siege Perilous?

And does anyone have an account for sale?

I have already bought the gold, I just need to pick it up.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

A thief on Siege? No way...la

5. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hope you will choose a different name for your Siege char.
    Who knows, maybe Karma will be back. The name will only bring you bad karma here.

6. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Thieves are viable on siege more than anywhere else. This guy's stories can give you the basics.

http://uothief.com/misadventures/ep178.html

Also, there's quite a few accounts around for sale. Post what you are looking for. Then again, it's not a big dealt to train one up either, and thieves are particularly good for having fun when you aren't fully trained.

7. Karma

Karma Guest

Well I hope these boards are active enough to help people find out that I am not that player. I will be using the same name Ive had for years. I think it is a great name for a thief. Thanks for the heads up though.

8. Karma

Karma Guest

Im looking for a veteran account with the following skills.

120.0 Stealth
    120.0 Stealing
    120. Ninjitsu
    120.0 Magery
    100.0 Snoop
    100.0 Hiding

If anyone has an account similar to that please let me know.

9. FrejaSP

It's a name of an Undead Lord, a mortal thief should not use it.

10. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Maybe the undead lord was resurected...and desided to start stealing jewels out of the packs of the local bank customers?

For that matter, there probably aren't that many current players who actually know or knew any of UDL...la

11. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

I'm not sure about Freja's comments, since I never knew any members of the Undead Lords or Karma in particular. I'm much too much a newbie for that!

However, Freja's comment definitely points to a big difference between Siege and the mainline shards. People here are passionate about the game and take it (sometimes too) seriously. Some previously used names have a history and stigma attached that could be incorrectly transferred to you. Again, I don't know if that's the case with the name "Karma", but I do know of other cases where this has been a problem.

You might want to check that out before taking a name that has been previously used. What about using a slightly different name, like "Bad Karma" or "Karma Sutra" or whatever? It's worth a second thought.

12. FrejaSP

Anything than just Karma would be better.
    True, not many remember Karma now but players keep coming back and all will ask if he is Karma UDL and be annoyed of someone using the name.
    Better choosing a different name and be known for who you are than just be Karma #2

13. Karma

Karma Guest

As someone said in the thread somewhere, Some are really passionate about their character names... Its a fairly common used name in online gaming an have ran into quite a few myself. I personally could not see myself playing as another character/name.. Its been almost 11 years now with that name in MMORPG's, I will apologize now to the old Karma for taking their name on this server but hopefully they can forgive me.

14. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Karma is the last thing this shard needs. It would just hurt too many players here... :p

Heh j/k

Welcome to Siege!

15. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's a very apt name. Freja?
    Especialy for a thief.

16. FrejaSP

I can't stop you, but he was the only Karma on Siege. I do understand you want to use the name when you had used it so long.

But I can promise you, no old UDL will forgive you, so you better hope they won't be back *Evil Grin*

Anyway, always good to see new Siege players.

17. FrejaSP

Trust me, Karma UDL did that :lick:

18. razic

razic Guest

If you dont find the acct your looking for i can hook you up with a snoop and stealing alac scroll.

19. William Murderface [TO]....lol

Karma...isn't much worse...call yourself Peter Thieving Groin....lol

20. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

These boards are pretty active, this is where 85% of all flaming takes place.

21. FrejaSP

err did not mean to scare him away