1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Third Phase of Closed Beta, Yum, Yum!

Discussion in 'Aion Stratics Forums' started by Xel The Wanderer, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is taken from the official US Aion website, and it's a little old bit still a light at the end of the tunnel for some of us who are patiently waiting for this bugger to make it to the North American and European shores:

The link can be found http://www.aiononline.com/us/news/latest_news/nc_korea_announces_the_third_p.html

If patience is a Virtue, then I'm a blinkin' Saint! Saint Sake-sama... Mmm... saaaaaake... :shots:

2. Skycapp

Skycapp Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Xel,

Aion is driving me insane. Its one of those games that i really want to play and get my hands on, but they are not letting me get close to it.

It kind of makes me wonder what the differences will be in the localizations, besides the obvious language changes.

3. Xel The Wanderer

Hey, hey! Huge thanks for having an Aion Outlet here on Stratics! Big props to the folk behind the scenes and to the ones who are in the spotlight as well! :thumbup:

I'm glad that there's constructive progress on the game's development, and that's always a great sign. I know this next part is going to sound blinkin' cliché, but I've definitely been keeping up on on this bugger for too many seconds, minutes, hours, months, and years. Not that I'm obsessed or anything... like that kid in The Shining in which he'd say "Redrum! REDRUM!!!"

I like the fact that there really isn't a "good" or "bad" playable faction (at this time). There's a lot of shades of grey which, ironically enough, in a Fantasy setting that encompasses Aion also reflects what's in the real world: shades of grey with some pinstriped clouds thrown in the mix. Everyone's got a bit of light and dark, yin and yang, and perhaps we're defined by oneself as well as others if we're perceived as "good" or "bad", depending on one's perspectives, motives, and beliefs.

I am definitely with you when it comes to really wanting to sink my teeth into this game when (hopefully soon) North America will get its chances for the lovely beta. It seems that there's strong enough support whether its the financial investors as well as development, quality assurance, and player feedback to keep this game on the right track. I have no idea if the Powers-That-Be at NCsoft are trying to hit a deadline of sorts, but I'm sincerely glad that they're not rushing this bugger out.

4. Xel The Wanderer

Hail Folks,

The Korean website, thisisgame.com has released some information as well as more screenshots pertaining to Aion. This screenshot is an Asmodian, one of the playable races. Please note that the wings don't have that bat-like appearance that was previously shown in earlier pics of Asmodians. Also note, the wings appear more feather-like; they look pretty blinkin' dark, almost black, and they look blinkin' sweeeeeet. I'm not sure if this wing customization or "upgrade" can only be attained through the Abyss or by fighting within the Abyss or if this is a complete rehash of the Asmodian wings altogether, so there you go. The Abyss has been introduced with the third release of the closed beta. From what I've read so far, it introduces open PvP as well as fortress sieges/mass PvP and certain items perhaps even some special titles can only be attained within the Abyss. I believe one of the quests within the Abyss actually involves killing a person from the opposite faction. This, of course, could change upon release, but I'm all for "Risk vs. Reward". :thumbup:

[​IMG]

This next part is what caused me to lose my alcoholic beverages in my pants. Here are some cutscenes that help explain and perhaps introduce one of the perks within the Abyss: Fortress Blinkin' Capture Goodness. Here are three clips that explain the capturing goodness! Please enjoy! :thumbup:

Clip 1
    Clip 2
    Clip 3

After the watching the clips, I noticed a few things. In the first clip, I saw some guards as well as some big, arse baddie, which looked like the Balaur. It looked blinkin' tall and probably has the ability to cause one to implode with a passing glance. Continuing on, it looked like there was a blinkin' barrier or force field thingy surrounding the Fortress. Blinkin' cool. There were also some funky siege weapons being used by the attackers? I don't know if they were weapons or pets or circumsized phallus-like-objects, but they looked blinkin' brilliant; smacking the entrance from long-range. I noticed a player, a defender, within the Fortress near an upright-structure. I have no blinkin' idea what that was all about, but there you go. Please note, these clips are from AionHun over at youtube.com, respectively. It's only right to give the props out!

Well, there you go, more Aion information, and what this means is that I will shamelessly continue to drool and/or soil myself. Enjoy! :stretcher:

5. I can't wait for open beta :gun: :gun: :gun:

6. Xel The Wanderer

Amen to that, man! :thumbup1:

7. Xel The Wanderer

Hail All,

Here are more clips of Aion goodness from the third phase of the closed beta, and holy blinkin' cripes, it looks gooooood. The videos can be found HERE, and you're able to see when the videos are added so you'll know which ones are up-to-date.

On another note, Ayase, the NCsoft Community Coordinator announced:

The article can be found HERE!

Looks like it's great news for people who are looking forward to this game, and from my perspective, the folk at NCsoft are taking a more aggressive approach to advertising Aion and getting the word out. Good times! :thumbup: