1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

This Bow worth anything?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nabber, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Nabber

Nabber Guest

I have no clue what stuff is worth anymore.

Attached Files:

• bow.JPG
      bow.JPG
      File size:
      25.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Nabber

Nabber Guest

anyone care to explain the basics of what makes a valuable weapon?

3. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I will give it a shot...but please be aware that what makes a bow good, does to some degree, depend on the template it is being run with. That being said, here goes:

SSI: If you want to run a template where your archery will be the primary method of dealing damage to your opponent, then SSI is a must. The faster the better. When combined with your stamina, you should be able to shoot close to 2 seconds. Obvoiusly, for faster bows you can reach the cap.

HCI: Caps out at 45, so if you are one of these guys that wears MAX faction arties 45 isn't to hard to get. But, obviously, the more HCI on the bow the easier it is to hit 45 HCI, opening up spots for other mods on jewels/arties.

HLD: In these days of so many people wearing max DCI, this has become a hot item. In fact, some people where so much DCI that even with the HLD proc on them they are still at max DCI. For others though, this proc hitting is the difference between hitting 1 out of 3 vs 3 out of 3.

Fireball/Lightning: Hit spell is important if you are running a pure PvP archery template. The bows themselves just dont do quite enough damage IMO. I think Lightning and Fireball are the only 2 worth having, with Fireball being better because it has a small delay giving another chance to interupt a spell.

DMG: Nice to have, but not essential...especially if running arties

Balanced: This one property can make the difference between a very good bow, and an amazing bow. Opening up the ability to chug pots is a huge advantage for any archer. A bow that may sell for 5-10 million, if it added balanced to that bow would probably sell for several hundred cash (not offering to buy Petra, just giving a comparison in value). I have yet to see an uber balanced bow, but if the bow like this was a heavy or composite it would truly be amazing.

Leeches: Bonus
    HLA: Nice against dexxers, but not really that important
    FC1: Good for chiv archer, and I think necro archer
    Spell Channeling: Good if mage template, though if it has a FC-1 penalty it is not nearly effective

My ulitimate bow:

Composite
    Balanced
    HCI: 15+
    SSI: 40
    Fireball: 40+
    Damage: 40+

You could swapout HCI with HLD: 40+, and it would still qualify.

4. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

My Ultimate Bow:

Composite:

Balanced
    50 Fireball
    50 HLD
    40 SSI
    43 DI

5. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

an Old buddy of mine on prodo has this one....

Cross Bow:
    Balanced
    46 HLD
    40 SSI
    25 HCI
    40+ DI