1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

This crossbow worth much?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Heavy Crossbow
    SC
    FC-1
    Hit Magic Arrow 40%
    Luck 96
    SSI 25%
    DI 41%

Unenhanced

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Enhance it first then try it out.

3. Tairon

Tairon Guest

I would wait to enhance it and see if adding balance is available with the new upgrade.

4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

It's already been mentioned in the embueing posts that balancing will be available. It's also been mentioned that attempting to embue a wep with decent to high mod's has an extremely high failure rate and will cause the wep to break. I'm guessing thats it's gonna be around the same failure rate as attempting to enhance with luck. And you know how lucky you gotta be to enhance something that already has high luck.

5. archite666

archite666 Guest

You got your facts wrong buddy, its been identified that imbueing WILL NOT break your weapon

6. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Epic fail cash. Get a clue when you make a post or just dont post at all.

Enhancing Items

While items made out of iron or plain leather, either crafted or found as loot, lack the special material bonuses applied by using Colored Ingots or the unique Leather Types, a skilled Craftsman still has the ability to enhance the item after the fact.

Plain weapons or armor can be imbued with Colored Ingots or special Leather through the process known as Enhancement. Success will add the metal or leather's fixed properties (bonuses) to the item.

This means that once you've been lucky enough to find a superior item as loot on a monster, you can seek to improve it by imbuing it with special materials. However, imbuing an already existing item with Colored Ingots or unique Leather Types is difficult to say the least.

Failing an Enhancement attempt will cost you some of your materials, but there is also a very good chance of destroying the item. Once imbued, the item is considered to have been made out of the special material infused into the item, so it can never be Enhanced again.

The inherent difficulty in Enhancing an item works as a balancing factor, since you already have a superior item with magical properties you undoubtedly desire, and you are seeking to even further increase them. Enhancement is definitely not a choice to be made by a squeamish Crafter, for the chance of destroying your prized possession is high. But the rewards can be well worth it!

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I especially like the part where it says "very good chance of destroying the item"

8. archite666

archite666 Guest

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

I especially like the part where it says
    " Failing to imbue an item with an item property DOES NOT destroy the item. "

I even further like the part where you said
    Thus making you look ..... well basicly making you look like what everyone alreadys knows, after you tried to argue with soulweaver about running an archer, which was hilarious.

For those that don't understand, I'm refering to the irony of a dismounter ( a bad one at that) trying to tell someone (who runs uber gear constantly) how to run a uber archer suit.

10. archite666

archite666 Guest

*update*

just found your source on uo herald...

Hmmm perhaps insults on not in order....now i am just royally confused....

11. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

No your just a royal idiot, but everyone already knows that.

Insert foot __ < here.

12. archite666

archite666 Guest

Yeah, way to be mature.

Your missing the point where your not right, way to insult me.

What i'm saying is there is conflicting information.

Draconi himself said they don't break, and so does the SA website, I was simply saying that insulting you wast appropriate, because well insulting someone is never really appropriate on a forum and second because you were basing your information off the herald.

However as it states in the Q/A these are the updated working notes.

So bottem line, you look like a tool.

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Is it really that hard to have an adult discussion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.