1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

This is ridiculous

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Xanthril of LA, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Logged in and my char is stuck in the puzzle room. Can't recall out. Help stuck feature asks me what the problem is and says someone will get back to me. I used help stuck feature on a different account earlier and it worked normally. I think everyone who reads these boards knows how long it can take for someone to respond. If this there way at catching the exploiters, I hope they move fast because I don't have time to waste waiting for them to let me out of the puzzle room. Did I break any rule by logging out there?

2. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

Why are so many of you logging out in that room?

You really have characters that have no use other than to farm the puzzle?

3. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Were you using the logout as a way to do the puzzle more than once a day?

4. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly:) My Crafties are crafting, My hunter/gatherers doing their thing, and my BOD runners - well BOD system is so screwy, it makes much more sense to log them in the Puzzle Palace...

5. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes... I have 2 accounts and only use 2 chars actively atm.. so the rest are logged out in the puzzle room :)

They could have put in a one way teleporter when they set up that wall :)

6. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Exactly. I have 3 accounts. I have my artificer imbuing, a couple other chars to do other things and the rest logged out there. Because I was not using the log out feature to get around the 24-hour timer (is there even such an exploit?), my chars would be ready to go the next day at 11:04 or whenever. I found the maze of traps tedious and chose to traverse it only when necessary.

7. I, too have extra chars I've been doing the quest with that I just log in and out of. Once a week I bring them out of the puzzle room, unless I by chance need them for something else. Loggin chars in that room has nothing to do with exploits, just a time saver. There is only one way around the timer, which it looks like they are finally fixing.

8. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

Just reopen the gump for help stuck. After a few tries you will get the option to pick a town instead of write why you have to leave.

9. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For the honest players like me that do not use the exploit to cheat the system, why do i find out that the room is out of order AFTER i have traversed the puzzle corridor

anyone with half a brain would lock of the corridor so it does not WASTE PLAYERS TIME!!

oh and for a bit of fun drop a paragon balron in there aswell to mop up the questionable players that, may, or may not be cheating

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have three or four characters I don't use logged out there as well. I'll just leave them logged out there till the puzzle is fixed. Not like I do anything with em (though I should be growing plants on them I suppose. BAD SARSMI!)

11. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i have 21 toons logged off in there that i log in at 4am and do the puzzle with them each.

im wondering how long my wait it gonna be by the time i hit the 7th toon on each account with the help stuck, hahahhha

[​IMG]

12. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

so, if you're currently stuck in there, can you work the puzzle? I really can't remember if I left anyone in there... not gonna check, either, cause tight places make me squirm

13. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

No the box is simply an empty strongbox now. As for attempting the help stuck feature multiple times to get past the chat box, I tried a few to no avail. I will try again. Had to leave before anyone answered my page the last time.

14. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This is tipping over into a rant... Just saying.

16. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Well, I just tried to by pass the help chat box where it wants me to explain the nature of the problem -- 24 times -- no luck at getting the menu for the cities. Anyone else having this problem?

17. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

page a GM and say *im a celebrity! get me outta here*

18. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

if you hide/invis, then the help stuck feature will give you city choices

19. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

lol. nice one. been waiting 15+ minutes already this time around. Needed the laugh.

20. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Well I hope a mage logs on while my pally sits there apparently wrongfully accused in his cell. :) Thanks for that tidbit.

21. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Holy cow that worked. Thanks wilde. Mage logged on, he was able to invis me and I was able to get the city menu. Weird.

On a side note, I was still in puzzle room when invisibility ended and I got message that I was 7th in line. Once I was helped out and I got back to my place, I noticed a small message sign in the corner -- don't know when I got it because its arrival was not announced on my log. Anyway, it basically told me that the GM had determined that I was able to freely move around and that I needed to find my own way home. That is laughable if it was sent while I was in the puzzle room -- sure I could walk around the small room but that was as far as I could go. Its somewhat hilarious if I received it after I used the help feature to get out to a place where I actually could find my own way home. The message also asked me to refrain from using the help feature when I didn't need it. Funny guys.

22. jerseyboy

jerseyboy Guest

this is just my assumption but perhaps they turned off that puzzle until the "return to brit" feature is over... i read somewheres on stratics that people were using their old accounts just to farm the puzzle.. like i said just an assumption...

23. Kinda curious, since you all just use these chars to do the puzzles and you know the puzzles are broken why even bother logging onto them? Just leave them sit there till the puzzles are fixed then there is nothing to worry about?

24. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

They would have to pay for the upgrade to farm the puzzle room, this was done for other reasons.

25. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yesterday I logged there, saw the wall but still took the puzzle token. A few seconds later i was teleported to Luna city.

26. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Not all of my chars there are used to only do the puzzles -- some are -- but not all. Additionally, because we do not know how long the puzzle room will be down, there is no reason to keep them there now, if I decide to use them.

27. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Interesting. They must have done something different on your shard. On LA the puzzle box merely opened to show an empty box.

28. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Rather than leaving chars there I was messing with soulstones to put hiding /stealth on them all every day so they could come back out and do their crafting and gardening etc. Well in two fell swoops I made a balls up that left me with 0 stealth. Greed is a bad thing. I wasn't even looking for a particular item I just liked the random prizes in my pack.
    Now i have to work up stealth from 0 again lol.

29. It didn't show an empty box for my one weakling character I had logged out with there, it gave me a puzzle to do...then I boogied out of there so I wasn't stuck there.