1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

This look decent?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Rotnam, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Rotnam

Rotnam Visitor

I have been back for about a week and have acquired a LRC suit and warriors are just not my cup of tea.

so how does this look so far
    120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Myst
    120 Focus
    100 Scribe
    100 Anatomy
    40 - Suggestions? Med/SS?

Carry around wraith scrolls so I can cast protection and be back to normal physical resist? So my real question would this build help me do/fight all the new things I haven't seen :) plus a little defense if I want to PvP?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I run the same template just without the anatomy. I have position instead. I use crystalline ring and put the extra 60 points into med.

3. Rotnam

Rotnam Visitor

Sweet, now to figure out my name and start farming for blank scrolls and regs!

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You can just buy these from NPC in most Mage shops. Welcome back by the way!

5. Rotnam

Rotnam Visitor

Thanks, so far i'm having a blast just no to try and learn all the new things!

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

That's good to hear. What shard are you playing on? If you need anything this is the place to ask

7. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you're running focus and wraith form, you're better off at studded armour for the 55 LMC, and that armour makes meditation useless.
    I'd put those extra points into necromancy or spirit speak, unless you intend to PvP with this character.

With 40 necro, you won't need to carry wraith form scrolls.

Also, to train inscription, when you reach 70 or so, switch to inscribing spellbooks. You will get good gains, won't need to bother with regs and won't have a downtime due to waiting for mana to regen.
    Good luck. :)

Rotnam likes this.
  8. Rotnam

Rotnam Visitor

Well I wanted to play Siege but my brother wants to play on Atlantic, so that's what we call home for now :). Thanks for the help!

9. Rotnam

Rotnam Visitor

Thank you on the Spellbook tip I was dreading trying to buy all these regs and scrolls lol. I can't remember where I read it but I thought someone said at 33 SS that's more leech I can have correct? Scrolls won't be much of a problem since I will be a scribe so I don't know where to put those extras pts.

10. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Inscription helps a fair bit with that extra 5 casting focus and 10% SDI, so definitely GM it.
    As for spirit speak, more points there means you leech more mana, but I have found that the 20 points of JOAT from being human are pretty decent for my caster, specially when using slayer books, so I went with 30 necro on my build and carry two +15 necro jewels to equip whenever I need to go back to wraith form.
    Since I don't PvP, losing the 30% SDI PvP cap for focused mage wasn't a problem for me.