1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

This New Gold Weight/BoS Change Has Screwed-Up My UO Life

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Mar 21, 2009.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

In the recent "old days" I looted 21-24K in gps, headed to the bank and topped up my martini. Now I'm totally screwed up. Looting 50-60k gps, BoS and my martini is down to ice only...very dry! This is just not right! This change does not encourage responsible drinking in UO!

Having said my rant, I've forgot how terrific the BoS is! I had resigned myself to the nerfed BoS and grown accustomed to accumulating 20-odd k gps and recalling home or to the bank. The combined lowering of gold weight and the restoration of BoS functionality is truly fantastic. Yeah Devs!!!

2. guum

guum Guest

You're drinking your martinis on the rocks?

3. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Many, many rocks. Mostly rocks actually. Why do ask?

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The only real questions are:

Gin or vodka, and

How close did you hold the Vermouth to the glass before putting the bottle back in the cooking pantry where it belongs?

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

I prefer gin but gin does not prefer me...so I abuse vodka instead.

Vermouth is "nice" but a good, strong rye is better. Try it!

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hardcore UO drinkers have a mini fridge under the desk and strap on a p**s bag for a long hunt. May have to move the desk into the bathroom next.

7. Farscape

Farscape Guest

My refrigerated PC holds 2 cans for me just nice thanks:lick:

8. QTF!!

9. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Or just get a laptop like the rest of us. I haven't played UO on a desktop for 5 years

:party:

10. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

11. Fink

Fink Guest

He still has to drop his pants and lift the lid, or reach for a beverage, losing vital seconds of gametime.

Drip, catheter and colostomy bag ftw.

12. If you look closely, he is reading Stratics UHall. My money is that he is a certain self-professed Thief who posts regularly here on UHall and PvP Thief forums. :D

13. Shioni

Shioni Guest

BoS can shoot up 18 million at a full charge and the bag itself is werth 3x more at a staggering 45k sales value.

Some how i don't think this publish will last long seeing how two members in our guild have been making 120k every 10 minutes since it went live...

Well over 7 million gold an hour without burning up half of the first bag

From a economic stand point this is killing UO faster then two guys with a dupe

14. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I am SO going hunting this weekend, because you just know that the devs will nerf this due to complaints.

15. H2O

H2O Guest

Might want to recheck that math. 60,000 max gold in 1 pile and a fully charged BOS has 30 charges and 60,000 x 30 = 1,800,000. That's not close to 18,000,000.

16. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I hunted up 50,000 gold this morning then thought *whew I'm tired*, so rather than using a charge off the bag of sending, I just took it to the bank and logged out.

17. to the OP, Funny!

18. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

I had a similar experience as well. :)

19. Nvnter

Nvnter Guest

Doubtful, there is a picture of a child on the desk...Who would let him breed? LA

20. Pink Dragoness

Pink Dragoness Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol, give that man another drink or two!:beer:

21. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

LOL :D

Next up on UHall... debating the virtues of using an internal catheter over an external catheter! ;)

22. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

All I can say is that it is actually 'wonderful' to be able to hunt and LOOT again. I haven't been hunting in MONTHS due to the bos nerf and the fact that some of my chars could only hold 7-9k gold when 'full' so all enjoyment and benefit to actually 'hunt' didn't exist.

Today I actually went and hunted for about 2 hrs, and was able to not only loot the gold (about 45k for the session) but also looted all the mage and necro scrolls, and some items for enhancing as well, and didn't need to 'leave' the hunt area once.

It finally became a pleasure to hunt again. For the past year the only 'hunting' I have done was 'fishing', as at least with my bug along and the ship hold it was 'worth' going out and I could actually 'loot' the items as well as the small amount of gold, but seeing I ran out of mibs/sos a while ago and I would 'only' fish when I had about 30 or more to 'fish' up, or it wasn't worth getting the boat 'wet', then even that had ground to a halt for the past few months.

Being able to 'loot' is NOT hurting the UO economy, the way it has been would of been hurting more, seeing as how a lot of players basically gave up with hunting and turned to 'boredom' instead. In any game 'boredom' is the quickest way to 'kill' subscriptions. In this sort of game where pvm is the majority, when you took away the 'reason' to pvm, then you may as well of shut down the game. No other game made it so hard/tedious/worthless to actually loot your kills by hindering the ability to do so.

Sure you can 'farm' gold if you want, but the majority do not 'do' this unless they are really 'saving' up for something or do it in stints when they run low of funds. This is a 'good' thing, knowing if you need the odd mil with a bit of time and effort it is not impossible to do it in a day or so rather than doing it by going to the bank carrying loads of 15-20k at a time, which gets OLD really quickly and is certainly not 'fun'.

The cheaters hurt the economy, and they will cheat whether or not the 'normal' players loot as their agenda is to 'sell gold' and make 'real life' dollars. The way it was actually did MORE to encourage and promote cheating as people would 'buy' gold off the cheaters rather than spend hours of tedium going backwards and forwards to the bank for such a minimal 'reward'.

23. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

but wouldn't be more comfortable to sit on a chair than drink it on the rocks especially lots and lots of rocks?