1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Those still having uoassist issues...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Vortex, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 14, 2012
    Found a problem with the changes I made for the new UO patch system that ultimately was causing UOAssist to not load with UO. I believe I fixed it so get the latest patch if you haven't already and try it out. If you do still have the problem with UOAssist not loading with UO please try all 3 of the load methods and let me know if some/all of them are not working for you.

Before reporting trouble please make sure you are running the latest versions of UOAssist.exe and UOAssist.dll by clicking the Settings button at the bottom right of the UOAssist update/news page. At the bottom it will display the versions - they should be UOAssist.exe 1.8.1.0 and UOAssist.dll 1.22.1.0.

Sorry for the trouble but I will keep working on a solution if this latest UOAssist update doesn't correct the problem.
    Mar 14, 2012
    Some email has been received with people explaining they aren't seeing UOAssist after getting the latest patches for both UO and UOAssist and this has been confirmed for certain settings. Here is a work around until that gets fixed.
    • Start UOAssist
    • On the UOAssist news/update page click the Settings button in the bottom right corner.
    • Near the top middle of the screen you'll see the 'Load UOAssist using' options.
    • Select the 'oldest' method.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I wasn't having issues until UO Assist updated. I tried that and it doesn't work for me. As soon as UO Assist pops up, it disappears before the UO Patcher and then it does not come back when the patcher is done :(

3. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You probably dont have the second fix, update again and check your version using the method in the second paragraph above.

4. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

It patched again and all is good. :)

5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo still cant get it to work. Bo can get uoa to start up than uo kicks in than uoa disappears. Uo comes up and is ready to play but no uoa. Bo have bring up task manager to shut down uoa. Bo checked everything you said to check in your post and none of that is an issue. any help would be great.

6. DreadLord Lestat

The same thing was happening to me yesterday but today when I tried, I got a second UO Assist update. Once I had that update, all was good. Yesterday I only had the one update and UO Assist kept disappearing.

Here is my current version of UO Assist and where it needs to be marked to work.

[​IMG]

7. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

that is the same exact version Bo is running and is still having the same issue. Uoa loads up, uo than loads, uoa disappears while uo is loaded up. When in game there is no uoa, even tho when Bo checks the task manager uoa is running.
    this sucks ass

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have the same issue, if i set it to "old" the game loads fine but UOA closes, It's still running but there's no window and it does not work. If i set it to newest, which is what i've always had to use (old has acted like that for me for years), UOA stays visible longer but the game never loads.

9. DreadLord Lestat

Did you patch UO Assist yesterday and today?

10. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, there is two steps to this. First you have to make sure UO is fully patched up. So run UO.exe DIRECTLY from the folder it resides in (usually the Electronic Arts folder of your root drive). Be sure to right click and run as admin if you are Win Vista or Win7. After it gives you the option to play, close out the client. Make sure it closed out fully. Then run UOassist, if possible check your start menu and run UOAssist - force upgrade option (again run as admin if Win7). It should open the UO patcher again (and it may do a check). Just be patient and when it shows Play, click on it to open the client, UOassist should continue to run at that point and you should be ok (assuming UOassist patched correctly).

Hope that works, if not, let me know.

11. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

did all that before and just redid it all again and still the same issue.

12. DreadLord Lestat

I would try contacting Tugsoft directly and see if he can help you then. :(

13. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OK... I'm in the same boat as Bo apparently. I just did everything Vortex listed in post #10, & after I click the button to "play uo" the account login screen pops up to play & UOAssist disappears.

My Ultima Client is updated to 7.0.24.3
    Versions currently running : UOAssist.exe 1.8.3.0 - UOAssist.dll 1.22.3.0 - UpdateAce.dll 0.9.21.0

Anyone else found a solution yet?

14. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like you have the right patches, do you have Method 1 selected in the Load UOAssist using button?

Also, go to your task manager and make sure that UO.exe and UO.bin are NOT running before you start UOAssist.

15. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

bump

still having the same issues, if i set method 1 uoassist crashes on start, if i set method 3 it loads the patcher then crashes after, verified uoassist is fully updated