1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a classic shard...

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Moslar, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Moslar

Moslar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am thinking why not go back to a classic shard where you could only get items like the fortification - indestructable armors, (silver) regular vanq - power etc weapons, and where crafting was the old exceptional stuff again. Where blacksmiths worked in the towns for hunters repairing etc. Let the new classic shard have all the old rules but keep all the new lands. Reds and blues could live together or fight against each other. The times when blues had to band together to hunt or protect other hunters. Back in these days duping was not an issue because the maxed out items were fairly attainable hunting, thunting, or by doing sos's. I just remember back then how much more fun it really was and how important it was to have good friends. Just some food for thought but I bet allot of us would move to a shard like that where no xsharding would be possible. - leave out the arties, recipes, bods, seeds, and all the other new stuff and go back to the simplistic values that made friends more important in the game then currency. I would sell out everything on Pacific to join such a shard again.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Dude your :bdh:, while this it's pretty much assured this won't happen you can try Siege...No Insurance, most the stuff used is player crafted, and community interaction is higher per capita than most shards.

3. canary

canary Guest

Are they still locking these threads?

If so... IBTL.

4. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

I do believe they are, so.... IBTL!

5. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is a bad idea. Having limited items to play with/ things to do. BORING!

Most players have multiple needs to fill not just social ones( or anti-social), and a classic shard only fits a few people's needs. (change is good).

6. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm still giving them a chance, albeit here in SnR.