1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

THP and Honesty. By the Virtues!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I recently had an issue with a few vendors that fell at my house on Catskills. I am relatively inactive there since there seems to be more drama than fun over there.

That said, I have offered people free vendor spots at my Catskills Luna house for, well for as long as I've had it I think. Asking them to be taken down once in a blue moon when I feel like customizing.

This last round I had quite a few Xshard people request spots and when I lazily got around to it I accommodated them. I logged in the other day (probably a month ago now) and noticed that a few vendors were gone. I instinctively checked the house sign and sure enough I had a couple of bags in there. Now once the vendor turns into a bag I have no way of telling who's vendor is who's so I sent out general messages to "please check your vendor at my house on Catskills I had a couple fall" It's about impossible to tell which each belong to so they would have to describe the contents of the vendor.

@THP contacted me back that yes his vendor fell. After a lot of ICQ-tag we finally met up and I suggested he get a packhorse because there were a lot of items in the bag. (I didn't mention what items) he told he he didn't think that was his. (I am specifically leaving out the way the vendor was dressed so no one else can claim it is theirs) I said well this is the only bag with a ***** outfit and a bod book on it are you absolutely sure? He insisted it could not have been his. There is what many would consider a good deal of gold in this backpack. He could have claimed the whole bag and I'd be none the wiser. He didn't. No matter what you think of THP or his opinions here on Stratics, I have to say he is one honest dude.

This leads me to the point of this post. @Mesanna or @Kyronix would it be hard to create a system so that when a vendor falls, and after the time is up and it turns to backpacks full of items, that we get some sort of deed titled "contract" with perhaps the date the vendor was placed and/or fell, the reason it fell and the owners name? This could save a lot of heartache. Not everyone is as honest as THP.

Just a thought. An idea. Thanks for listening, and kudos to THP for not taking the bag that wasn't his.

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*Blushes* at @Flutter

But YES its a great idea/improvement ..IF the Fallen vendor ''content bag'' could be coded so they #tag the player chars name on it...I myself try to maintain a stocked vendor on a lot of the 27 shards...and iam not alone in doing so...

Pretty sure this would be easily done by the devs...

3. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Could be done similar to the Soulstones with the Owned by tag. Maybe the bag itself could get this information engraved.

4. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

@Longtooths From what I have heard, I think this sort of update would "benefit" you in particular. :heart:

@Mesanna Let's make it happen! ;)

THP likes this.
  5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

This is a wonderful idea! It is way more complicated than it should be figuring out how to give someone their stuff back, there have been many times where I would come back after a month or two of not playing, to find 5-10 identical looking vendor bags in my moving crate. It makes it even worse when half of them have the default vendor clothes that look exactly the same, and about the same amount of gold.

6. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

When someone places a vendor at your house, could you place a book at the feet of the vendor with that information in the book? Set the security on the book to only you. Then you could put what ever information you want in the book you want.

7. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

You can also place the book on the vendor and make it "Not for sale" so that when the vendor drops the book is in the bag of stuff. At least it seems that it would work that way.

Longtooths likes this.
  8. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

It sure would help. Heck I even like the not for sale book idea that Xanthril suggests.

I've had people come back months after their vendors have fell, some of them admitting that they stopped their subscription and are just coming back to the game and want to see if I still have their vendor's money and items. I was able to return some and others not.

@Flutter A question, and I don't mean to hijack your thread. But lets say there was a way to identify the owner of vendors after they drop. How long should a house owner wait before saying the person is not coming back?

#8 Longtooths, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I used to say 6 months, but I got tired of holding on to it that long.

3 months to claim your stuff...then i sell it off.

Longtooths likes this.
  10. Darius Bloodbain

Darius Bloodbain Adventurer
    Lake Austin - TF

I think 3 months is ample time for anyone to jump back on and claim their stuff.
    I have some Luna vendor spots that other folks are letting me use, and I wouldnt expect
    them to hold my stuff more than that long if I were to let the vendor fall. I usually keep
    check on my gold buffer on the vendors, and keep at least 300 days worth on said vendors,
    just in case something was to happen beyond my control. The idea of folks that uses your
    vendor spots putting a not for sale book with their name on the vendor is a great idea.
    or if they want to keep their identity private, they could have a book with a number,
    and you with a master book with players name beside that number.
    For example, ahh theres a vendor bag in my house crate. vendor number 9 on the book.
    let me look in master book. ahh vendor 9 is this person.

Xanthril of LA and Longtooths like this.
  11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not needed. if vendor falls and stuff isnt claimed, its the property of the house owner.
    I would also be fine with items / gold being deleted after vendor has not been cliamed for 2 weeks.
    a vendor isnt a free bank / storage. if your lazy with your vendor you deserve to lose your stuff. 2 weeks is ample time.

12. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Love the simple book idea as a starter point...will think on to put a icq numbered book in all my xshard rental vendors...

Xanthril of LA and Flutter like this.
  13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

True but I hate to just keep something like that. I dunno what is fair. It has been over a month, almost two, and I did send out messages on ICQ...

14. Captn Norrington

Usually I hold stuff for about 3 months, then sell it or bank the gold, but there have been special cases in the past where I've held it for up to 6 months just because it was such a huge amount of gold, I'm always amazed how people can forget their vendor has billions on it and let it fall.

I do agree with Smoot though, people don't realize how irritating it is for the house owner when someones vendor stays empty, is only used as a bank, and is turned the wrong direction for months....renters just visit their vendor, it's the house owner that has to look at it every day, and hear peoples complaints about how "that vendor" is always empty.

#14 Captn Norrington, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Flutter likes this.
  15. THP

THP Stratics Legend

surely the owner of the shop can simply ...un- renew the dead vendor...??? i always try keep my vendors with a little stock

16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Question.

When a vendor falls the gold on it is transformed into checks in a bag. How does it work when they had billions on the vendor? Multiple bags?

17. THP

THP Stratics Legend

i belive they fall in the same bag....ie a bag even thiugh it can hold 125 items ...holds 200-300

18. Captn Norrington

When a vendor falls, the item limit on containers no longer applies, If a vendor has a billion gold when it falls, it transforms into a bag with 1,000 items in it, all million checks. Easiest way to deal with bags like that is to just lock it down in the house, and whenever the owner comes back to claim it give them access to the bag and let them transfer it to another vendor themselves.

#18 Captn Norrington, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  19. Captn Norrington

Yep, the owner can always un-renew the vendor, but I try to avoid that as much as possible, some people have very strong reactions once they learn their vendors been removed....it's like when someones car gets repossessed in real life. I've seen a few people run around luna for weeks, sometimes months calling the house owner a thief/scammer/cheater etc. for dropping their vendor.

20. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

It DOES effect the item count of the house though. I was wondering why my house was at max lockdowns.

Widow Maker and Captn Norrington like this.
  21. Captn Norrington

Yep it does, one of the main reasons I never store anything in that house other than the deco, I'll always have a few thousand lockdowns just in case.

22. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Thanks for the replies.

But what happens if a house doesn´t have enough free storage when a vendor falls? It goes into negative storage until items are removed?

23. Captn Norrington

Yep, negative storage until the items are removed.

Tjalle likes this.