1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throw 3 pots at a time

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HOLLYWOOD_Siege, Aug 19, 2008.

1. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

HOLLYWOOD_Siege Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

anyone know how to do this?
    i know it is possible and i know a guy who can do it but he wont tell me:bored:
    anyone know how to do?

2. a cheating script.

3. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

Stratics Veteran

he is useing uoa

4. packrat

packrat Guest

I dont want to know how. I hardly ever use my alchemist to throw potions and when I do I usually try to throw it fast and end up blowing myself up. I would surely die if i tried to throw three at a time. :danceb:

5. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ah.. yet another advantage the Uoa player has over the non-Uoa player...

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You cannot legally throw 3 pots at the same time, unless you're using 3 characters.

7. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

Stratics Veteran

he migth not throw them on same time but they explode on same time

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

What about very fast clicking on them one at the time, then throw them one at the time before they blow?

That will be almost the same time.

Had vot casted any for long time so maybe it's not possible

9. UOA doesn't do anything the normal client can't....it just allows better macros so you can do things a little quicker.

He's probably just taking advantage of the delay in explosions going off to land them where they'll go off at once.

10. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Sure you can:

Source: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=10848&highlight=bomb

:fight:

11. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Last time I tried it, potions didn't detonate other potions that were within the blast radius. The rules may be different if all potions in the blast radius are primed.

If bombs can set off other primed bombs, the way to do it is with a UOA macro.

12. Jafanarae

Jafanarae Guest

No idea, but I know that if you use KR and have a hotkey set up to use a purple potion and target current target you can send a little flurry of them off pretty quick (not three at once though). It may be that I never bothered to perfect it in 2d, but I got up to quite a speed just hammering "1" to send them on their merry way. Of course, when someone casts wall of stone in front of you, you're suddenly left with several ticking bombs in your backpack before you even realise it...

13. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes but is that macro legal as you can't record it with the normal uoa record macro?

However put them in a bag, click on them one at the time, hit escape after each, drop the bag before they blow and get away should do the trick I think without uoa but you have to be fast.

14. Chad Sexington

I figured it was.

Used to be a sticky on the alchemy forum. I found it there years ago.

:fight:

15. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know, any macro code written for UOA is totally legal, because the program is totally legal.

The illegal use of UOA is to add actual programs that interface with it.

16. Zurloth

Zurloth Guest

The reason it was posted like that is due to how many steps the macro has to setup (your using stacks of pots from three differnt containers) not becuase its not recordable.

17. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

In KR, you can set multiple stacks to seperate hotkeys, and slam them ALMOST simultaneously. I'll have to test it for potions, but I know I can smelt different ore stacks almost simultaneously simply running down the keys that fast.

I still find it funny to read that UOA "doesn't do anything the normal client can't" because that statement alone, ESPECIALLY in regards to potions and the Legacy client is simply NOT TRUE. UOA allows you to hotkey potions, which is something IMPOSSIBLE in the Legacy client (but possible in KR).

18. Radun

Radun Guest

You can so :lick:

19. I believe it is. These are the encoded UOA commands, which when properly inserted in the UOA directory by the instructions ... auto-magically decrypt into UOA macros I believe.

BTW folks ... this post by Vidala is in the UO Players Corner UO Assist FAQ. Honest! It also includes 1 and 2 popt tossing macros.

20. Why do you think it's in KR? Perhaps Tugsoft found a way to make it a) within EA game specs and b) possible to do? And as to simultaneous, no ... but like KR UOA can make it seem so.

21. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

This made me snicker aloud which resulted in my baby and dog looking at me strangely. :eek::)

22. FrejaSP

You can use the "use last object" macro, I also think you can target the pots and "use current target" or something like that.

23. UOA is one of the most hideously imbalancing things in the game.

24. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Or how about it makes it much easier to do the many, many tedious tasks ingame. Are you telling me you'd rather make every little thing by hand? Or would you rather do it once, make a macro and then you just have to push a button to repeat said macro. My guess is you just don't have UOA and don't think anyone else should either.

25. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

ROFL Are you kidding me? If it bothers you that much not to have it spend the $15 and get it.

OR

Theres always KR.:talktothehand:

26. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Unless there's a delay (1/10 of a second? I forget how long it is) in between each potion, you're bypassing the limit between actions that is intentionally included in UO... making it an exploit.
    Doesn't matter if you're using a legal program (or no program at all) to do it, it's still bypassing an intentional limitation in UO - making it an exploit.

That being said, there might be (and I'm actually pretty sure there is) enough of a delay in that macro so that the potions aren't actually thrown at the same time, but are instead thrown with slight delays in between.

27. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Did you hear about the talisman advantage a Mondain's Legacy player has? Those with access to Malas can get super powerful items in a dungeon called Doom. And so on. Buying account upgrades and allowed helpful programs will usually give some sort of advantage. My sanity-saving fishing macros where I don't have to search my pack for my fish-pile buried blood-wood fishing pole or sextant or SOS-plotting Automap are certainly advantages. However so are my soulstones, artifacts, and knowledge of the game.

KR and UOAssist can sometimes do things very quickly with their macros (making lots of a particular item for Heartwood quests, turning Spring Cleaning tickets rapidly). There is probably a fine line when this cross the line from advantage to broken interaction. This potion thing may actually cross that line.

28. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How do you set up UOA? cause there is a 1 second action delay I thought.

29. I do have UOA, but that doesn't stop it from being the biggest pvp crutch in the game.

30. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps I can give a bit of insight to the macro in question.

First of all, UOA does not allow you to bypass the delay between using an item. You cannot use UOA to double click 3 explosion potions at the same time and target your adversary.

There will be a normal "You must wait to perform another action" if you try to use an item too quickly in UOA. Exactly like what happens when you dbl click an item too quickly in UO. There's an approx 1 second delay between using items (but it's lag dependent, shorter delay if you have good lag, and longer if you are laggy)

Explosion potions have a 3 second delay before it explodes. Once you double click it, you will get a targetting cursor and the 3 second timer will start. You have a couple of options at this point:

1) You can now target and throw it at your adversary immediately and hope your adversary wait in the current tile for 3 secs until the explosion potion goes off.

2) Or, you can hold it for 3 seconds, then target and throw the explosion potion. This way, your adversary doesn't have the luxury of 3 seconds to run away.

So far so good?

Now, if you hold off throwing the potion immediately, you can also press esc to cancel the target cursor. The timer will still continue to countdown. Before it reaches 3, you can double click that same potion again to bring up a target cursor and throw it normally. Hopefully, you managed to throw it at the last second, robbing your adversary the chance to run away. So basically it works like option 2 above.

During that 3 secs that you cancelled the target cursor, you can do something else, like open you spelbook, remove your helm, pick up loot from the floor etc. You can also double click another explosion potion! Which will begin it's own 3 sec countdown.

You can cancel this targetting cursor also, and do something else. Now would be a good time to double click the first explosion pot (it's still counting down remember?) to bring up a target cursor and throw it at your adversary. Once your have thrown that, don't forget the second one that's still ticking away in your backpack. Double click that again and quickly throw it like what you did for the first one.

If all goes well, your opponent would be struck by 2 explosion potions in succession.

This is approximately what the 2 potion UOA macro does.

Now, remember that the countdown is 3 seconds? It goes boom on the 4th second. Also, remember the item use delay in UO is 1 second?

If you want to cut it really close, you can do this :

1) prime potion 1, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 3 secs left)
    2) prime potion 2, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 2 secs left, potion 2 has 3 secs left)
    3) prime potion 3, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 1 sec left, , potion 2 has 2 secs left, potion 3 has 3 secs left)
    4) re-prime potion 1, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 1 is away, potion 2 has 1 sec left, potion 3 has 2 secs left)
    5) re-prime potion 2, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 2 is away, potion 3 has 1 sec left)
    6) re-prime potion 3, throw (potion 3 away)

With luck, your adversary will be hit by 3 potions that he/she does not have time to run away from. Once you know your adversary is using this tactic, one defense is to precast G-heal and run towards bomberman. Or find some way to break line of sight (hiding, cast/run behind a wall etc).

The potions are not activated at the same time, it doesn't really even explode at the same time. Rather, they are timed to reach your target and explode at approx 1 sec intervals. Something like how modern artillery can adjust the trajectory and propellant to allow multiple shells to hit the target at the approximately the same time.

That's what the 3 potion macro basically does. In short, UOA doesn't allow you to bypass the timer. It does however, allow you to do the above which requires impossibly steady hands and accurate mouse clicks to pull off.

31. sounds so tedious i know i would die trying it i just use last object

32. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it can easily backfire if your target breaks line of sight :D

But still, I got to give it to the person that thought of it!

33. Chad Sexington

It does nothing of the kind. Read Harlequin's explanation for the details.

I don't know why people can't just say, "I learn something new every day." instead of going straight for, "Exploit!"

34. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you read the entire post...
    I thought that made it quite clear that I wasn't saying the UOA macro in question was an exploit, and that I was actually pretty sure it was both not an exploit and not throwing 3 explosion potions at the same time.

35. Chad Sexington

You made it quite clear that if they were thrown at the same time, you considered it an exploit.

I also never said that you thought UOA was an exploit. I don't know where you got that from. I never even mentioned UOA in my reply.

(If you read my entire post...?)

They are thrown at the same time. They are just activated and held, then thrown. The 3 second timer before exploding only starts once they're thrown.

36. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I thought I made it quite clear that if you were bypassing the delay between using items it was an exploit... which I don't see why anyone would say otherwise.

And if you weren't trying to say that I was calling the UOA macro an exploit (the macro posted above, not the program), then I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to imply by complaining about going straight to "exploit".

37. Chad Sexington

The delay you are talking about is in selecting the items (any) for use. There is no delay in selecting targets.

I said "going straight to 'exploit'" because this thread brought up something you didn't know and suddenly the word "exploit" starts getting thrown around.

I don't know everything either. A few hours ago I asked some bards what the use was in targeting peacemaking instead of targeting self. It's good to know the answer. I think Harlequin's post was pretty self-explanatory on how it's not bypassing anything.

I'm just wondering why you keep pushing the issue...?

You did make it quite clear and it seems I'm not making myself quite clear enough. You keep on repeating this fact and no one in this thread has ever said otherwise. And you keep bringing it up...?