1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

throwing+Death strike

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by shadowking, Sep 17, 2009.

1. shadowking

shadowking Guest

any 1 know if this works? are there any penalties?

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well there is a penalty for ranged weapons like all the bows... I would consider throwing a ranged weapon and I would say that there is a penalty for that but I may be wrong but I would bet on it....

3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I will assume Kage is correct.

While on the topic of throwing... why is it that we can equip a shield with boomerang in hand, but you cant hit anything when throwing while shield is equipped? Why not just not allow the shield in the first place?

I suppose they wanted to keep the throwing weapons one handed so you can drink pots, but that leaves the other hand free to hold a shield.

They should make the throwing weapons two handed if it requires the other hand to be free to catch the boomerang on return.

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You have to have like 120 parry to offset the penalty. Throwing is stupid.

5. shadowking

shadowking Guest

i thought i read some were that if u are profecient with swords it negates the hit chance penalty to use a throwing weapon in melee. what does profecient mean? 50? 70? 90? so if im in melee range will my death strike do same amount of damage if i was using a melee weapon?