1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing is bugged to the MAX!

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by LordTesla, Sep 30, 2009.

1. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

First off for the last two days I have been at 42.1 throwing, and been throwing at a corpser for 10 hours now, and have not even hit it ONCE!

Second, on a seperate wep that I have tried, is a -20 magery wep... When I equip it, my magery doesn't move from 120... Nor does it work like other mage weps...

Anyone notice anything else?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

are you carrying a shield without parrying skill?

3. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Yes

Well, I have turned down 2.5 Parry.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Although throwing weapons are one-handed, there is an *enormous* penalty for using a shield (partially offset by your parrying skill) - the playguide mentions there's a penalty, but does not make a point of just how extreme it is.

No matter what your throwing skills and HCI bonuses, your chance of successfully hitting with a shield and no parry with a throwing weapon is exactly 0.0%

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Trying gaining of the normal slimes near the entrance of underworld from Fire Island side, just mind the Gremlin. Should get you up to 50. As Maple said, no shield.

6. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Mmkay, no shield huh... wow.

7. maroite

maroite Guest

Yeah its rediculous considering how horrible it already is trying to manage a gargoyles items.

This pretty much made me shelf my thrower for a while.

8. morgawr68

morgawr68 Guest

i have mine up to 76 right now all i do is park my behind at the acid slugs and plug away, i get throwing gains, tactics, and anat. i didnt get many gains til i used a weapon that had some ssi, so try that. im sure ill see ya there. side note, a friend of mine gmd it there.