1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing Penalies

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Drowy, May 1, 2011.

1. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Are there any exact official numbers for throwing penalties when not in sweep spot and when you have a shield equipped?

2. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My limited understanding is at the min range you take at least a -25% hci penalty(like trying to use a soul glaive at 1 tile) and I know at the max range you have like a -50 di penalty. The range is factor the weapon and your str. I have a 150 str thrower and when he has a soul glaive in his hand it shows range 11. I would guess that char's sweet spot to be 2-10 tiles. The shield penalty is HUGE, I can take a 120 thrower and put on a shield and miss more than I hit on mid level monsters. When you factor wasting skill points in parry to hold a shield that you will never parry a blow with and not be able to use pots without disarming it don't seem worth it.

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

4. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I don't think you can ever parry with throwing weapons.. shield or no, parry or no. Where parry helps a gargoyle is when you wanna hold a shield. If you hold a shield, then parry is a must to be able to hit anything, even at 120 throwing

5. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was told by a dev that you can have the parry skill on a thrower to hold the shield but you will never parry any attacks if your holding a throwing weapon.

6. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thats totally bonkers!

Afaik, you can parry fine as a thrower as long as you have parry and no bushido.