1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing VS UBWS

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guardian KX, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

I'm currently a gargoyal and taking throwing too 120. If I transform to elf or human can I still use the throwing skill as a weapon base for Use Best Weapon Skill? Or does it not work like archery doesn't?

Thank You for your feedback,

GX

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its like archery

3. humans can not use throwing

4. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

MY point being that ANYONE can have the skill on there character, but yes, only a gargoyal can use a throwing weapon. That doesn't mean you can't have the SKILL on another type of char but USE a UBWS item and expect throwing to act as the skill base.

Storm said no and sames as Archery, so I'll go with that answer.

TY

5. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

can you set throwing on a human/elf on Test center? if so you could double check it there, but im pretty sure its like archery.

6. If i recall i tried to soul stone my skill to a human and it would not let me was my point

7. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I know this seems silly but.. if you polymorphed into a human couldn't use you throwing? I know this isn't what the OP was asking.. but it would let you ride a dread mare.. I would think.. of course you would need magery but thats the only way I can think of a human or elf could use throwing..

As for it working as ubws I would say no..

I would try a gargoyle out I think if the altering went both ways.. I refuse to alter a crimson, mace and shields, etc to TRY a character out. If I could alter the items and alter them back to human if I didn't like the character I would defenitly give it a go.

Anyways sorry to go off topic here.