1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing Weapons

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Grinning_Dingo, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Hello:

I am new to SA, and was wondering if there is a Throwing Weapons template which might be fun to use for PvP and PvM. I heard Throwing is just ... not very good at the moment, but I thought it might be fun to try out. I was thinking of Throwing/Tact/Anat/Heal/Resist/Focus/Myst, or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance.

2. You heard right. I wouldn't suggest Throwing as a PvP template at all. There are too many holes in it that can be exploited to your opponents advantage. In PvM it's difficult at best to maintain the proper distances, especially when fighting anything really worth fighting.

3. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Throwing is like Archery skill if Archery skill was balanced compared to melee weapon skill.

Or to reduce the chance of this thread catching a riot...

Throwing is Archery -2 and Melee weapon skill -1.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

throwing is ok for a ranged mage weapon for a gargoyle and only as a back up or secondary damage skill on your template!
    I would suggest going to the test center and trying it out before you waste the time training on production shard!

5. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

too bad a throwing weapon doesn't have infectious strike.