1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Throwing with shields

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Agemnon, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Agemnon

Agemnon Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Has anyone else noticed a noticeable difference in hit chance for throwing when holding a shield?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You chance to hit does indeed take a big penalty, reduced by your parrying skill.
    0 parrying + shield + throwing = pretty much hopeless

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Would the + hit chance shields help? There are still some out there...

4. Theres both huge hit and defend penalties using a shield with Throwing, which are not really negated even with Parry.

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's a humungous penalty, but HCI is an area that might benefit from some re-experimenting to look for last minute tweaks ( I believe the Order Shield from the Vesper Museum has HCI, so it should be possible to experiment on TC1 - I'm a little busy at the moment :) ).

6. The hit and defend penalties are not the same as the item property HCI & DCI's, but rather your base chance as a whole. (which is a greater amount)

7. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

Trouble is that with the shield on, the penalty means that you cannot hit the side of a mountain. But soon as you take the shield off, you can hit the ant laughing at you from the side of the same mountain.

8. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

I'm glad you posted about this..I was thinking it was just my char. See i'm not insane

9. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Has anyone seen what the penalty is for Throwing + Parry + Bushido. Just wondering becuase your not carrying a shield. So one would think their would be no penalty, but that may not be the case.