1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Sir.Appleheart, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Ahoy there!

Has anyone around here had any time to test the Throwing skill/weapons in the beta yet?

Unfortunately, living in Europe and working on Saturdays, my beta testing time so far has been very limited, and I have just gotten some basic gear sorted in order to go test the Throwing. As such I have not actually had a chance to use it yet.

Is it any good though? How is the damage of it in melee compared to at range, assuming you do have high Swords skill to go with it?

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    I've heard it was kinda weak compared to archery. I never actually tried it in the closed beta :/

I do have a suit and template put together that I'll be trying later today.
  3. Yes, but you can use it in conjuction with a melee skill, and be able to use the same wep for both skills.

This was how it was the last time I looked. The game experience may have changed, and can change at any time.
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Have they implemented that part yet? last I heard that wasn't out yet, along with the second round of changes to balancing the HCI decrease and DI decrease. Though they could have done it for the Open Beta patch.
  5. I don't know. I stopped testing when I got sick of my macros not working correctly because of faulty key bindings, and stacking not working right either.
  6. Okay, so quick first observations from getting to have a short look at Throwing at least...

First, weapons!

Weapon Damage: 8-12
    Weapon Speed: 2s
    Weapon Range 5
    Primary: Mystic Arc (Double strike, renamed)
    Secondary: Concussion Blow

Weapon Damage: 13-17
    Weapon Speed: 3s
    Weapon Range 7
    Primary: Moving Shot
    Secondary: Infused Throw (Seems to be Paralyzing Blow, but ranged)

Soul Glaive
    Weapon Damage: 18-22
    Weapon Speed: 4s
    Weapon Range 9
    Primary: Armor Ignore
    Secondary: Mortal Strike

Testing was done with basic non-magical weapons and with both Throwing and Swordsmanship skill to not have to worry about things getting too close. Even with 110 swords however it did seem to be a decent bit harder to hit up close, so seems a full 120 will be needed to use them in melee range.

All in all it seemed like a nice skill though, damage was okay at least (except for the Boomerang that really does feel weak). It does not feel as strong as the existing weapon skills though, but at least the three weapons have good enough specials that the lack of weapons isn't that clearly felt.
  7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    I can see the Soul Gaive being nice with Assassin Armor.

I don't think I'll really be changing my sampire at all..

In fact I don't really see much with Mysticism that appeals to me. Just seems to be more AoE grinder crap. Kind of like Spellweaving version 2.
  8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    Think again. Gargoyles cannot use assassin armor. Unless you mean individual pieces, which you could do, but you'd need high resists on your other pieces.