1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by KINK, Nov 14, 2009.

1. KINK

KINK Guest

what all skills you need for throwing?
  2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    take any pally/sampire/warrior build and substitute throwing for your melee skill (macing,swords,fencing)
  3. Isn't throwing considered a ranged skill, not melee? So basically take an archer build, and substitute throwing.

The direct answer to the poster's question would be "Tactics", to increase the damage done, just like it does for all other weapon skills. It also opens up the first special move when you have 70 Throwing and Tactics, and the second special move when you have 90 Throwing and Tactics.

If you read the Stygian Abyss documentation quickly, you may wonder if you need Swordsmanship and Parry to go along with Throwing. The answer is no, not if you want to be a ranged fighter. Swordsmanship will reduce the accuracy penalty Throwing has when foes are too close. Parry will reduce the parry penalty when fighting at melee range. But if you plan on being a ranged fighter, you don't need either of these. If you want to be a melee fighter, skip Throwing altogether, IMO.
  4. Just Throwing and to be a Gargoyle.
  5. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 29, 2006
    I enjoy my Sampire Bladeweave build. The trick is you need to add throwing to the build. Swords is required if you want to hit stuff at close range, you even get bonus HCI at close range if swords is 120. The ability to add swords and make your bladeweaver a hybrid melee/ranged fighter is what makes throwing both unique and enjoyable.

I run the following:
    Swords 115
    Throwing 115
    Tactics 100
    Necromancy 99
    Chiv 70ish
    Bushido 115
    Anatomy or Parry 100ish

I use some plus skill jewelery to make it fit.

With 100% Damage Increase and a either a slayer or perfection I do max 240 against the renowned ratmen and average 200 with a soul glaive (40% SSI)

Great build. Really enjoying it.