1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thug thief discussion...

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by TheScoundrelRico, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I know I have, for most of my career as a thief, have played a running thief. I am curious about those of you who like to steal, then wait for your mark to attack, then stand toe to toe with them until they are dead.

What templates do you run.

In the past, I have used poison and fencing, but with the ability of others to get rid of poison (even high levels) what templates and tricks do you use...the key here for me is to stay blue (it's tough to bank steal when a red).

Personally, I'm currently working my taming back up on my Siege thief for this, for a number of different reasons. I'm not sure how high I should be raising the big three (taming, lore and vet) but I'm not sure what I will need. I'm thinking 100-110 in lore and taming, and 80 in vet.

Anywho...just thought I'd start the discussion...la

2. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

On my old account I ran with this...

120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    120 Meditation
    120 Steal
    100 Snoop
    20 Focus

Just a straight up PvP Mage with stealing really. And I'd thow a mage weapon in my hand with some DP on it instead of wrestling.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this one thought that specials did not work with mage weapons. This is not true?

4. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Edit: Nevermind. Misread.

5. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Unless something has change, don't you get booted from the Thieve's Guild if you are a murderer, hence you can no longer steal from players?

Not sure if the rules are different on Production/Siege in regards to that....I purely play Production shards, much more gratifying.

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

That changed years ago. You can be red and in the guild. On Siege...you don't have any restrictions to joining the guild. You don't even need stealing. I've known some PvP players who liked to use the disguise kits. Others who didn't want the count gump to come up...lol...la