1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TICKET for a piece of Phoenix Armor, pics now attached

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by dialtone, Jan 15, 2008.

1. dialtone

dialtone Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My last inquiry didn't get much of a response. I have a Ticket for a piece of Phoenix Armor. I see people talking about Phoenix Armor, but, I don't see anyone talking about the TICKET for one.

This is not any Asian Re-Issue, I have an original issue Ticket from the Clean Up Britannia event. It resides on Lake Superior.

I would like to know what it's worth. I've had an offer, and I have to make an informed choice, if I am to sell it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Edited to include pictures

2. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

what shard and should be 1.5 times a piece price i am thinking

3. I would like to see a picture if I may. And when the price is figured out, I would like to know. I might be interested.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

My first question would be, does it still work? I'm assuming it doesn't but you never know.

In the event that it does work, I'ld price it at about 50-100% the average cost of any piece of phoenix armor.

In the event that it does not work, I'ld price it about 25% of the average cost of any piece of phoenix armor.

5. rajadeah

rajadeah Guest

I would value it at an easy 50 mill and wouldnt take a dime less. Dont care what anybody says thats one mega rare item.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

50 mil is twice the cost of a piece of armor and to me that seems pretty steep.

Personally I feel it is only worth about 25m BUT if I were to suggest a selling price I would say sell it for 30-35m because that is a reasonable price for such a rare item.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

But the deeds to a Potted plant are worth more than the plants themselves so why shouldn't the deed to a Piece of Phoenix armor be valued at just the same? Some Potted Plant deeds sell for 5 mill, I just sold one for 4.5. Until the OPs post I had no idea that a deed for the armor existed! I would just love to see it!

8. dialtone

dialtone Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

what shard and should be 1.5 times a piece price i am thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

Lake Superior. And since so many folks want to see a pic, I'll take a snapshot and post it here. I'll have to do this later, as I'm at work. Look for it later tonight.

In the mean time, I can say that it looks like a regular deed. It looks like a Clothing Bless, Potted Plant, Item Bless.

As far as working, I would say that it would work. I will not double click it, because I think it's worth more as a Ticket, than some duped/re-issued item.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Its definate gort to be worth far more than a piece of phoniex armour

Jeepers there must be 1000s of pieces armour

And at present just 1 ticket known on sale? , like other peeps , i did not realize there was such a ticket , yet i have seen many deeds for potted plants, so i guess there must have been , maybe everyone used there tickets for armour but not the plants ??? u gotta be looking at high rare prices..easy 2x ...so easy 50m+

10. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

guess this isnt more me then, Id use it...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I think everyone is forgetting that phoenix armor is so desirable b/c it is a wearable item, and is very easy to distinguish. A deed is only a deed, and therefore can only be locked down as deco.

While rarity is a factor in determining a price for any item, you also have to consider its use and desirability. There are often items that exist in single digits that are valued far less than items that exist in the hundreds b/c the more common item is far more desirable for its use.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I think what you're forgetting is that there are deed collectors who would pay big boocoos for something of this nature. I know I would, if I had any money right now. I may still try to scrape together some funds to bid.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

The old adage "its only worth what someone is willing to pay" is really not an accurate statement, as there will always be the outlier, that person who will pay an excessively high or low amount of money either bc theyre thrifty or bc they dont know the value.

Just b/c you or anyone else would be willing to drop an excessive amount of money on this item does not make it an accurate reflection of its value.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Just b/c you or anyone else would be willing to drop an excessive amount of money on this item does not make it an accurate reflection of its value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't that be said about anything that is sold here?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Of course, but you have to take into consideration the item itself, its past or sales history if any, its use, its desirability, etc.

Am I saying it wont sell for more than I'm projecting it as being worth? No, am I sayin its not truly worth that much, imo yes.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

It may not be worth that much to you but that doesn't mean it isn't worth more to the greater majority. It is, after all, the people who decide the prices, not individuals.
    Not all rares collectors and museum owners want only event item wearables. True collectors aren't like that.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

It may not be worth that much to you but that doesn't mean it isn't worth more to the greater majority. It is, after all, the people who decide the prices, not individuals.
    Not all rares collectors and museum owners want only event item wearables. True collectors aren't like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "greater majority" would actually be considered outliers in this scenario as im not only looking at collectors but the majority of the UO population who can afford to and do buy rares.

The majority of the UO population does prefer event wearables, based on the sheer demand, and the overwhelming prices for them.

Oh, and true collectors, collect whatever they like, if they prefer event wearables or other wise they are still true collectors just b/c they have a preference.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

The majority of the UO population cannot afford to buy rares.
    Most "rich" people don't realize this.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Very true Flutter very true......
    The majority of our UO player base will have no more than 10-20m ...[end]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The old adage "its only worth what someone is willing to pay" is really not an accurate statement, as there will always be the outlier, that person who will pay an excessively high or low amount of money either bc theyre thrifty or bc they dont know the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know, I made a nice little post about that before that just because you can find one buyer in uo who would pay 50m for an item doesn't mean that it is worth it. I simply believe in this case that there are many collectors who would pay a large amount for a deed of this nature. Enough buyers that it will always find a home while commanding a large price.

21. Don't let certain invdividuals say its worth a fraction of the real deal, be advised that these people give bad quotes only to buy the item and resell at ten times the price.
    It's worth atleast 40mil, probably a lot more, its very unique, only one i've ever seen

22. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd say since this is dumbfounding everyone it's worth more than any piece. Say I have everything in the set but the Phoenix Gorget, and I REALLY want it. And if this ticket works I can pay you say 100mill for the ticket so I can complete my set.

23. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I'd say since this is dumbfounding everyone it's worth more than any piece. Say I have everything in the set but the Phoenix Gorget, and I REALLY want it. And if this ticket works I can pay you say 100mill for the ticket so I can complete my set.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's random.

Plus there's a Phoenix gorget for sale on Atl for 25m, and one on LS for 45m. No part is worth 100m.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You may really want a full phoenix suit, but what are you going to do after you get the full suit? I assume keep collecting. Don't make dumb deals just to get what you want, when you can make smart ones and save money for your next obsession. [​IMG] People *will* often pay more to finish off a set, but there is quite a bit of phoenix armor out there, it's really not that hard to get the piece you want at the regular price. You don't have to get crazy now! [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

100-150+ MINIMUM in todays economy.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

some of you ppl are just absolutely NUTS, Nystal you SERIOUSLY think that a Ticket for a piece of PHOENIX armor is worth 150m min!?!?!? jesus christ guys, look how many piece of this armor are in game, the majority of those came from tickets from clean up brit, sure you dont see too many of these ne more because ppl used em but still the fact remains that they were givin out by the masses, the ticket is worth slightly more than the most expensive piece of phoenix ar (just like the potted plant deeds tall tree worth bout 3m hence deed goes for 5-6m) phoenix ar goes for 25-30m avr per piece so the deed is worth 50-60m, anything more than that is just insanely dumb as [censored].

stoned and nystal you both have said you think deed is worth 100m+ but would either of you honestly pay that much?? all of you have said what you think its worth but no one has offered anything nor have any of you said "id probably pay X amount for it" you jus said you think its worth that much. theres absolutely no way in hell this thing is worth 100m theres just no way, and if someone is wanting to buy this just to use it, you need to be shot lol

well i personaly think its worth 50m, Hence im offering to buy it for 50 mils

27. Guest

Guest Guest

There are a heck of a lot more tickets for potted plants out there than phoenix armor tickets. I have 5 personally. I would pay 75-100m for this thing, I do not have the gps right now tho. *stupid rubble addiction!* [​IMG]

28. themaster879

themaster879 Guest

Seeing how ive been playing for 7 years and i have never seen one on display nor for sale i wouldn't take anything less than 100m myself. [​IMG]

29. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you flutter , much apreciated.
    i happen to enjoy my museum of non uber rare stuff and so have many others for years.